Renaming a favorite folder, seem to have deleted it. Any recourse?

I have many Maxthon bookmarks, and that has necessitated me creating folders for them. Within the last hour I was trying to rename one of those folders. Apparently I hit the wrong line in the context menu, because it suddenly disappeared. Can I somehow retrieve that folder from my data in Windows Explorer? I am still on the same browser and computer session.

It is unfortunate that "Delete" is right underneath "Rename" for folders. It is also unfortunate that there is no prompt asking me if I really want to delete a folder, a fairly drastic thing that I had never done.

go to users/appdata/roaming and look for the maxthon3 folder - open that and then users/your email name/favorite - there should [hopefully] be a folder favbackup open that and copy latest file to root folder favorite and rename it favorite.dat - back up the favorite.dat file first - work backwards with the files in favbackup until you find one that has the folder you deleted

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

go to users/appdata/roaming and look for the maxthon3 folder - open that and then users/your email name/favorite - there should [hopefully] be a folder favbackup open that and copy latest file to root folder favorite and rename it favorite.dat - back up the favorite.dat file first - work backwards with the files in favbackup until you find one that has the folder you deleted

try the above or go there http://fav.maxthon.com/api/fav/manager

or there are several options in fav manager

fav.thumb.png.bd2ea36547c6552da7f71f7c12

sigmax2.png

Thank you very much, Tony.

I have gone to C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Maxthon3\Users\[my email]\Favorite. In that folder there is a Favorite.dat with Date Modified as 10/24/2015 5:56 AM, a much smaller tempfb3.dat file modified 10/23/2015, and a favbackup folder. The favbackup folder contains a number of fav[4 digits].dat files, the most recent one fav1024.dat modified on 10/23/2015 6:46 PM.

Windows is not letting me do anything now with Favorite.dat because it's in use. But I believe after I close down the browser I should be able to do the operation you advised.

If the problem was that you accidentally deleted it, you can check the recycle bin in the favourites manager.

Windows is not letting me do anything now with Favorite.dat because it's in use. But I believe after I close down the browser I should be able to do the operation you advised.

Correct.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all of you for your help. I was able to reconstruct that folder by going to the Maxthon Online Favorites page (http://fav.maxthon.com/api/fav/manager) and opening the links under the old folder shown on prior dates. As for the recycle bin in the Favorites Manager, by the time I got to that, it was empty. But I am glad to have the Favorites Manager brought to my attention.

Is there one page that shows all of Maxthon's components and what they are for in one place? i have been oblivious to a number of them.

Does anybody know why I was blocked from posting further here (by the absence of a reply box) for several days?

Does anybody know why I was blocked from posting further here (by the absence of a reply box) for several days?

not sure since only several people were affected and there was nothing wrong with your account.. we changed some settings, I don't know whether it was conclusive or not

sigmax2.png

As for the recycle bin in the Favorites Manager, by the time I got to that, it was empty. But I am glad to have the Favorites Manager brought to my attention.

Is there one page that shows all of Maxthon's components and what they are for in one place? i have been oblivious to a number of them.

If you renamed the folder, then it probably wasn't deleted so the recycle bin would've been empty. It is odd though that it disappeared?

There used to be a support page that had a basic rundown off all the MX features (snap/adblock/gestures etc), but i can't find it anymore? Maybe got removed as it wasn't being used?

If you renamed the folder, then it probably wasn't deleted so the recycle bin would've been empty. It is odd though that it disappeared?

There used to be a support page that had a basic rundown off all the MX features (snap/adblock/gestures etc), but i can't find it anymore? Maybe got removed as it wasn't being used?

I didn't rename anything.

They do need to promote their own features as with a dedicated page. It was only in this situation that I first noticed Snap, and I see that it's a really great feature, a potential selling point for Maxthon..

I think the Maxthon extension store is gradually improving.

no, only 3 or 4 members complained 

So it wasn't something that I did.

Archived