taobao.com ad

Ldfa

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poland here same s#!7 i see here in QA

u can right click it choose check element or research element (dont know how it sounds in english)

right click it and choose edit as html

now remove whole part in rectangle and just delete it and it will be gone

but as soon as u open new quick access page it will be back

Oh ffs...

I've been using Maxthon since early MyIE2 days and things just keep getting less and less reliable and more and more annoying as they keep adding un-needed "features". Add in the fact it's now using a ridiculously out of date Chrome core now and doesn't even work properly on a lot of modern websites anymore and I think this is possibly the final nail in the coffin for Maxthon for me.

One of the reasons I use Maxthon is the fact it so easily and effectively blocks adverts and then suddenly they inflict it on me themselves with no way to remove it and to top it off it's for something that's thousands of miles away and of no interest to me even if it was suitable. Errrm, no thanks, this is one very ticked off, soon to be ex-Maxthon user if this isn't resolved very quickly.

Sort it out quickly Maxthon or I suspect you may see your users leaving in droves...

Steps to remove the Add/sponser

1. right click on the icon in quick acces.
2. choose ''inspect Element''
3. find the code that is added for the icon and right click on it.
4. Choose ''Delete node''

It will dissappear right away. and you might need to restart your browser
if it isn't working for you, then my best guess is to wait for maxthon to fix it. 

TakingAScreen02 Oct. 23 22.00.jpg

What people need to understand is Maxthon don't care about anyone. If they did they would have been in this thread already but they haven't. That's because they have no interest in their own product, it's been going downhill for the last 2 years.

You have no idea what you are talking about.  Do you even realize what time it is in China and it's the weekend?  Apparently not.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

It isnt annoying, it looks like a birthday present, so its happy thing^^

You dont have to click it...

Still, i dont like that thinks are updated behind my back. Just like that Google CSE.

This isnt safe browser if they have a full remote access.

Come faccio a rimuoverlo?

unless you block it by adding this to your hostfile (which I do not recommend) it will come back no matter what you do..

127.0.0.1 quickaccess-dl.maxthon.com

therefore I recommend to wait until monday and hopefuly the devs will fix this

sigmax2.png

I am using Maxthon from 2008. And the same linked picture I can see from Ukraine.
Seems like I am the only one in this thread who not going through about this so much. It's not annoying, not a virus, and it built-in, perhaps, for purpose of financial help to Maxthon. Maybe. Or may not? Well either way I have even not thought to become "an ex-user".
But I will stick on this topic to see what major developers will say — due to interest.
Sorry for probably broken English.

EDIT: and no one forces you to click on it.

I agree, this makes Maxthon look insecure and makes a mockery of the addition of Adblock Plus.  It can be disabled by putting this line in your hosts file:

127.0.0.1 http://s.click.taobao.com

There should be a tab after the 127.0.0.1

It can be added to the Internet Options/Privacy too and then the icon does not take you anywhere if clicked. In a previous answer there is a link to:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0pZQNXm5TQ6T3hqckd3TzcwMGM

which goes in here:

c:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Public\QuickAccess\Frame\qa.dat

that does seem to remove the icon permanently but I can`t vouch that it doesn`t do anything else malicious.

Terrible decision to put this in. Lets hope that sufficient people are annoyed by this that it affects their trade. Nobody likes unwanted advertising. 

I am using Maxthon from 2008. And the same linked picture I can see from Ukraine.
Seems like I am the only one in this thread who not going through about this so much. It's not annoying, not a virus, and it built-in, perhaps, for purpose of financial help to Maxthon. Maybe. Or may not? Well either way I have even not thought to become "an ex-user".
But I will stick on this topic to see what major developers will say — due to interest.
Sorry for probably broken English.

no you're not the only one. I agree you can easily ignore it, and it's only an inoffensive ad

on the other hand I understand that people are afraid because they don't know what it is and how it came to their browser without any request..

I'm almost sure this is for chinese users only and devs forgot to remove it from international version. But now we probably have to wait until monday.

sigmax2.png

19oberemko you don`t understand how people feel about unwanted intrusions. It is like finding a burglar in your house. This icon takes up wanted space on your desktop, proves that security is not 100 pc in Maxthon and makes people wonder if they  have a virus.

I have many ways to block it bur some people do not. 

Lets hope that sufficient people are annoyed by this that it affects their trade. Nobody likes unwanted advertising.

Let's not hope for that.  The whole reason Maxthon engages in trade-outs and partnerships is because the browser is offered to end users as free software.  They have to make money somewhere, which is what things like the Google CSE partnership and this Taobao shopping ad do.

I'm no fan of the ad, either, but wishing for negative financial consequences won't make Maxthon do less of it.  It will force them to do more.  Or, you know, abandon the browser or cut back development.  No one who wants to use Maxthon wants that.

19oberemko you don`t understand how people feel about unwanted intrusions. It is like finding a burglar in your house. This icon takes up wanted space on your desktop, proves that security is not 100 pc in Maxthon and makes people wonder if they  have a virus.

I have many ways to block it bur some people do not. 

Those aren't exactly true.

The icon takes up unusable space on your QuickAccess.  It's an annoyance, but if it weren't there, you wouldn't be able to use that space anyway.

Its presence doesn't "prove" anything about the security of your PC — other than the fact Maxthon autoupdates elements of its interface without confirming them.  That's true of almost any modern software and, I'd think, readily apparent from the software's full name, "Maxthon Cloud Browser."  It connects to the internet.

It does make people wonder whether they've picked up a virus, though — especially those of us who can't read the banner.  19oberemko and I both understand that.  We just don't share the outrage or panic of some users.

does make people wonder whether they've picked up a virus, though — especially those of us who can't read the banner.  19oberemko and I both understand that.  We just don't share the outrage or panic of some users.

if it's something devs did intentionaly then it's always the same issue : lack of communication, some words of explanation would have been nice : I agree this is in no way a security breach but it's (if intentional) a trust breach and it's very awkard to do this on friday.

But  again, I believe this ad is only for chinese users and the whole thing is a mistake that will be fixed very soon.

sigmax2.png

yeah, man. you are right.

the same thing about most of ads through the internet: they're not annoying, not a virus, and are for purpose of financial help to a looot of people. so why using adblocks? no one forces you to click on them! and you 100% know that they will be shown to you - in advance, not suddenly...

Archived