scrolling crashes the browser on some websites

rfj

Hi

I'm giving Maxthon a 2nd try now -as I actually love it! -the only browser I have found that sync my pc and win phone! I also enjoy the layout and the fact that I seem to be able to access all login services and media sites I need to visit!
But it had a nasty habit of freezing though in a strange way -website letters sort of melted together and changed shape.. images stopped showing -and in the end it all froze -but I could close it with the X .. After restarting it worked fine again for quite a while before it happend again.. each time I was on the photopage Flickr I think -where I hang a lot ...

I know with so little info you can't help much -but maybe you can give me a hint what to do if it happens again this time? ..
I run Windows 10 -64b. -plenty of memory and so.. it have never happend with another browser. -and I tried every trouble shooting except uninstalling the adblock.. 

Ok, hope this new install will turn out fine ;) .. if so I will use it again on my phone too of course.

Greetings from Norway (sorry if bad english)

rfj

Hi

As mentioned yesterday I had this crash problem that seem to occur in special when I visit the Flickr community, where I spend a lot of time.. But since I really like this browser! :top: I wanted to give it another try.. But now it just happened again: see added screen dumps.

As you see text mess up -then disappear -and it also effect other open tabs .. and I must close the browser and restart.

Hope there is some good advice about this.. as it is hard to live with  :( ..

freeze1.jpg

freeze2.jpg

Hi

As mentioned yesterday I had this crash problem that seem to occur in special when I visit the Flickr community, where I spend a lot of time.. But since I really like this browser! :top: I wanted to give it another try.. But now it just happened again: see added screen dumps.

As you see text mess up -then disappear -and it also effect other open tabs .. and I must close the browser and restart.

Hope there is some good advice about this.. as it is hard to live with  :( ..

freeze1.jpg

freeze2.jpg

What is your "Default Encoding" set to?  Try Unicode (UTF8) and which version of Maxthon are you using?

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

UTF8 is my default. Version is V.4.4.7.3000

same here, I have never encountered this issue with previous versions.. it sometimes happens here, on this forum, when I refresh a page for example, the display is all messed up, then the browser freezes and I have to close it.

sigmax2.png

same here, I have never encountered this issue with previous versions.. it sometimes happens here, on this forum, when I refresh a page for example, the display is all messed up, then the browser freezes and I have to close it.

I'm sort of relieved that I'm not alone ) .. I'm sure the issue will be taken care of in some update soon .. good luck to the hard working staff.

I'm sort of relieved that I'm not alone ) .. I'm sure the issue will be taken care of in some update soon .. good luck to the hard working staff.

It is strange because I have been there several times (Flickr) and don't have the problem you both are seeing.  Strange, to say the least as I'm using the same version as you both are on Windows 10 Insider Build 10549.

Flickr.png

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Try not logging into passport and see if it still happens.

difficult as it happens very randomly, if I don't loggin and it does not happen within 3 days will not prove anything.

maybe gpu acceleration ? I disable it (same difficulty as above but less inconvenience...)

sigmax2.png

Thanks for the tips guys -I also disabled gpu -and the adblock when in Flickr.. -and see if it helps.

But please help an old man; what 'passport' ?.. 

passport is a connected account, allows you to sync your devices, and retrieve all your datas when you perform a clean install, when you use another computer, etc...

you can create an account or connect by clicking your avatar top left of the browser

passport_2.thumb.png.f83603f70773e275953passport.thumb.png.6ac4629c31c057a335659

sigmax2.png

difficult as it happens very randomly, if I don't loggin and it does not happen within 3 days will not prove anything.

They're the worst types of issues to try and solve. You put yourself out, but because it's so random you don't know if what you're trying is helping or that the issue just hasn't occurred.

Probably a good idea to start with things like GPU accel first which would be much less annoying than losing all your customisation by testing without an account. Hopefully it can be found before having to resort to more drastic measures :p

Hi

I'm afraid the GPU disable did not help much either (see add) ..  I look very much forward to an update soon, as I understood that this seem to be a bug in the latest one.. does anyone have an idea if there is an update in progress?..

I thank you guys in this thread for your help and participation! 

Guess I will try to unplug the 'passport' now .. though that is the most important reason why I want to use Maxthon

freeze3.jpg

Hi

I'm afraid the GPU disable did not help much either (see add) ..  I look very much forward to an update soon, as I understood that this seem to be a bug in the latest one.. does anyone have an idea if there is an update in progress?..

I thank you guys in this thread for your help and participation! 

Guess I will try to unplug the 'passport' now .. though that is the most important reason why I want to use Maxthon

freeze3.jpg

There will be an update, it's on test, but since it will be a major one, be patient ! :wink:

sigmax2.png

a capture here on the forum 2 minutes ago

scrolling initiated the bug, then I closed all tabs and reopened maxthon forum, bug was still there until I totally closed maxthon (no freeze this time, but I sometime have freezes too)

bug.thumb.png.7b7e94bb3d48b69110c1aa02f7

another time here, scrolling again : https://www.invisionpower.com/features/spam

I can reproduce it each time i go there, passport or not, ABP on or OFF, all extensions disabled, and the site does not work in retro, but it works fine in edge

what else : I performed a clean install, no extension, no skin, same result. 

on maxthon forum, I can't find a way to reproduce it, on invision board site maxthon constantly bugs after 15 or 20 seconds while scrolling

I'm under the impression that issue is caused by the video content

invision.thumb.png.e5133ecb6726b6c44427c

sigmax2.png

I tried the 'invision' link -and exactly the same happens to me!.. and in that site it happens right away! .. Also Flickr is slightly animated so I think you're right, it seem to be some bug that wakes up by some video / animation formats ..

Again thanks for assist -ody- ! -I feel this is in good hands with you! :) .. I will be patient as I hope they make a good update.. and I'm sure you will give the good staff an extra push :D ...

I tried the 'invision' link -and exactly the same happens to me!.. and in that site it happens right away! .. Also Flickr is slightly animated so I think you're right, it seem to be some bug that wakes up by some video / animation formats ..

Again thanks for assist -ody- ! -I feel this is in good hands with you! :) .. I will be patient as I hope they make a good update.. and I'm sure you will give the good staff an extra push :D ...

I would not like to disappoint you.. but there's almost no chance devs pay more attention to me than to other members...:(

But I will try :)

sigmax2.png

a capture here on the forum 2 minutes ago

scrolling initiated the bug, then I closed all tabs and reopened maxthon forum, bug was still there until I totally closed maxthon (no freeze this time, but I sometime have freezes too)

bug.thumb.png.7b7e94bb3d48b69110c1aa02f7

another time here, scrolling again : https://www.invisionpower.com/features/spam

I can reproduce it each time i go there, passport or not, ABP on or OFF, all extensions disabled, and the site does not work in retro, but it works fine in edge

what else : I performed a clean install, no extension, no skin, same result. 

on maxthon forum, I can't find a way to reproduce it, on invision board site maxthon constantly bugs after 15 or 20 seconds while scrolling

I'm under the impression that issue is caused by the video content

invision.thumb.png.e5133ecb6726b6c44427c

Hi guys,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I just conducted a test with v4.4.7.3000 with https://www.invisionpower.com/features/spam  but i couldn't repruduce the issue.

Since you guys are experiencing the problem , i just asked out team to conduct a thorough investigation about the issue.

I hope it gets fixed in the next version.

Hi guys,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I just conducted a test with v4.4.7.3000 with https://www.invisionpower.com/features/spam  but i couldn't repruduce the issue.

Since you guys are experiencing the problem , i just asked out team to conduct a thorough investigation about the issue.

I hope it gets fixed in the next version.

Close the tab and then re-open this thread after visiting the link and you will see what happens.  Really messes up scrolling.

I got a reply from support:

Please open Maxthon installation folder > Modules > Delete Mxurlsec

I did this -and the first time the browser really acted up! -the windows 'O' stood rolling and Maxthon froze -had to force close it. So I put the folder back, but desided to give it another shot.. and then the 2nd time Maxthon behave!!.. but this invision site still won't work.. though now it seems that just closing the tab does it, not the whole browser.. -and so far Flickr runs normally .. But I have just starting 'testing' with this Module deleted .. 

Just thought you guys wanted to know if you don't already -and maybe try too ...

I got a reply from support:

Please open Maxthon installation folder > Modules > Delete Mxurlsec

I deleted this folder and .... unfortunately no change on invision site.. the scrolling issue is still there...:( although just like you noticed, closing the tab seems to do it...

sigmax2.png

That seems like an odd fix? To my knowledge that module is for the checking of URL's entered against a database of known good/bad sites. Might be wrong though,

Have not helped much either.. I just experienced crash when working on my bank' web page! :huh:.. not good ( ..

For now then I see no other solution than use another browser till this is fixed :( .. I will check often though and hope for a soon update..!.. 

Archived