Bookmarks disappeared

kojak

Before I replaced my hard drive in my Win 7 desktop, I set up Maxthon Passport. However, now that the desktop is working, I downloaded and opened Maxthon. But all my bookmarks have vanished.

I prefer the bookmarks in Maxthon rather than the bookmarks in Maxthon Passport (In my opinion. I find the Passport version somewhat less organized. I guess I miss the folder structure).

I have tried to import from Maxthon local account, but that only provided the few bookmarks on the bar. When I click on the favorites star it says 20151013 Guest. How do I get it to be ME?

Your help is appreciated.

Hi Kojak,

Thanks for reaching out.

To me it sounds like your favorites were saved under guest account before you replaced your hard disc, right?

If you replaced your hard disc before importing favorites to your maxthon account, I'm afraid that they may have been lost.

However clicking on favorites start and find another username sounds strange. Are you sure you are logged into your maxthon account?

Which favorites star are clicking on?

However clicking on favorites start and find another username sounds strange. Are you sure you are logged into your maxthon account?

I've seen this happen, my account name was replaced by a 6 or 7 digit number but all my settings and favorites were correct. If memory serves me right the number was between the account and the main menu, dipicted by the red box in the image.

.Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.1de2a9218ac6a98c0b

I've seen this happen, my account name was replaced by a 6 or 7 digit number but all my settings and favorites were correct. If memory serves me right the number was between the account and the main menu, dipicted by the red box in the image.

.Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.1de2a9218ac6a98c0b

Did  you come across the same problem again so far?

For Android too there is a same issue when all Favourites in Maxthon for Android be synced then uninstall Maxthon then installing new release after uninstalling Maxthon after logging in to Maxthon Passport and starting to synchronization, all Favourites,  and passwords seems removed!  

Hi Kojak,

Thanks for reaching out.

To me it sounds like your favorites were saved under guest account before you replaced your hard disc, right?

If you replaced your hard disc before importing favorites to your maxthon account, I'm afraid that they may have been lost.

I cannot actually answer your questions because I did not note if it was a guest account. I thought I had created an account then got the Passport to keep the bookmarks. Then I replaced the hard disk. I'm including images of the "Stars", the Passport and the sign in. Sorry I am not more adept with computer and Maxthon.

Passport.png

Signin.png

Star.png

I went through the same problem of losing my favorites when I synced my account. When I started from scratch, I guess I failed to see an option to "Recover" favorites. I clicked on that link, and it turns out that you have the option resurrect favorites that were used under the guest account.

Favorites.thumb.png.a46303046860d4c184bf

Favorites_2.thumb.png.bca6a945f81d579110

I clicked on that link, and it turns out that you have the option resurrect favorites that were used under the guest account.

Maxthon has no means of accessing your guest account. The content of your guest account is there because you imported it into your regular account at some point.

As slank said, a guest account isn't connected to passport in any way. The only way your guest data can be there is if you added it to your passport at some stage.

@kojak what's in the 20151013 From Guest folder?

Not much of anything.

If I open a Chrome browser and browse to Maxthon Passport, I can find ALL my old bookmarks. I can even recover all the bookmarks. 

But if I open Maxthon, I cannot find the back up file I recovered while in Chrome.

Is there someway to download the recovered file to the desktop and then invoke it within Maxthon?

MaxthonRecover.png

Not much of anything.

If I open a Chrome browser and browse to Maxthon Passport, I can find ALL my old bookmarks. I can even recover all the bookmarks. 

But if I open Maxthon, I cannot find the back up file I recovered while in Chrome.

Is there someway to download the recovered file to the desktop and then invoke it within Maxthon?

MaxthonRecover.png

Export it to an HTML file in Chrome and then Import it into Maxthon.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

You have different names/UIDs on the two images shown -  40031910 on the 1st one, and 30186272 on the 2nd. So you're signing in to two different accounts. One has the stuff you want the other doesn't. In Maxthon it may be auto signing into a passport account that doesn't have your data, while in Chrome you're using a login that you did save all your favs to.

Check you're signing in to the same account in both browsers. Click the top left sign in button {person image) and make sure you're logged in to the account you're using in Chrome. If not, change it and see what happens.

Otherwise, what No1Maxthon fan said will work. You just need to make sure you're using the right account otherwise you may end up with duplicates and who knows what else.

Hi all! Same issue here, I made a clean install of MX 4.4.7.3000 Maxthon syncs all the others services as extensions, magic fill, etc. But no favorites. All i see is the synchronizing message taking load forever without success. When i go to MX password I can see all my bookmarks  there. There's a way to download my bookmarks from MX Passport Online favorites? Please help!

mxsync03.png

Archived