Printing from Maxthon

donbia

I posted this before, then it started to print, now it went back to not printing any more and giving me an error  some said to go to the print options? don't know where it's located at. before I updated to the newest version it would print. now not what has to be done to resolve this

merged with original thread. 

I posted this before, then it started to print, now it went back to not printing any more and giving me an error  some said to go to the print options? don't know where it's located at. before I updated to the newest version it would print. now not what has to be done to resolve this

After you go to the print preview page (from ctrl-P or Main Menu > Print...), press the Print... button the top left corner. Check that the correct printer is there and is showing up as ready.

• 2 weeks later...

I have started this topic on this site before, but never received an answer to solve this problem; I have tryed to print from this browser and get this error,

( c:\program files\maxthon\bin\\..modules\mx print\print.dll ) I don't know how to fix this issue, if anyone would have an answer, Please respond?   

I have started this topic on this site before, but never received an answer to solve this problem; I have tryed to print from this browser and get this error,

( c:\program files\maxthon\bin\\..modules\mx print\print.dll ) I don't know how to fix this issue, if anyone would have an answer, Please respond?   

Merged with original thread.

--

Managed to recreate the error by renaming the MXprint.dll file. So either your install has a corrupt MXprint.dll, or it's missing or something else has happened.

Do this test to check to see if it's your install:

NOTE: Make sure your current version of Maxthon is closed before running portable Maxthon!

Download this portable version, extract to a folder and run the MaxthonPortable\Bin\Maxthon.exe file.

Test again to see if the print error still happens. Let us know what the outcome is.

If that works, then just doing a reinstall of Maxthon should fix things up (or you could just copy over the MXprint.dll file to your current install).

I'd probably be doing a disc scan as well, just to make sure there's no issues with that.

Well I tried to open the portable version as you said, but it won't open on my computer, so I reinstalled maxthon on to my computer but no fix, I get the same error as before, what else can I try?

What error do you get/what happens when trying to run the portable version? It should run, and if it doesn't there is something else at play - make sure your current version isn't running. Before getting too far ahead, i'd strongly recommend testing with the portable version as it will show if it's the browser or your userdata.

Reinstalling may fix the issue if it was a file related to Maxthon, but it seems it might be your data files that are the issue. You can try doing a clean install, but make sure either you have passport account or have a copy of all your userdata (see note #1).

• 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, wilard428 said:

When I try to print anything using the maxthon browser I get the following error notification: "C:\Program Files\Maxthon\Bin\\..\Modules\Mxprint\Mxprint.dll". Can someone tell me what's going on. Help me if you can.

Merged with old thread.

Go thru the steps in this post and let us know what the outcome is.

1 hour ago, wilard428 said:

I tried the portable version and had the same result.  C:\Program Files\Maxthon\Bin\\..\Modules\Mxprint\Mxprint.dll

You haven't said what version you're using, i'm assuming 4.4.8.1000 as there is no mxprint.dll in 4.9.

Copy the attached file to the Maxthon\Modules\MxPrint folder.

In my testing the only reason this issue occurs is if the file is not found, or the file is corrupt.

MxPrint.dll

I contune to get this error message whenever I try to print, ( maxthon\bin\\..\modules\mx print.dll ). I have deleted my maxthon browser and installed maxthon 4, the problem still contunes. what is the fix for this? I have tried different error programs with no fix?

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Firstly you may need to make sure you are using the latest version of Maxthon v4.9.0.3000RC  http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/18712-maxthon-browser-for-windows-v4903000-rc-released/  

Secondly, make sure your installation does not present some corrupt files , particularly this file .mx print.dll 

Thanks.

Yes,       maxthon\bin\\..\modules\mx print.dll is the error    shows in a box, you can not copy the information.  How do I know if it's corrupt, what is the process to fix that    I found the module, It has wordperfect 7 as the word processor, which is on my computer. I don't know if thats the problum, how would you make shure that is contected with the browser?

I have download the newest version. but I lost all my favorites, how do I recover old favorites I had on the older version

2 hours ago, donbia said:

but I lost all my favorites, how do I recover old favorites I had on the older version

Do you use a passport account? If so, signing in should import that data.

2 hours ago, donbia said:

how would you make shure that is contected with the browser?

You don't need to do anything, so long as the file is in the correct folder it should work. Did you download and copy that file as requested above?

Note that if you aren't using 4.4.8.1000 any longer then you won't need that file.

I have downloaded the portable version and ran it, no change, will not print, I tried to download  http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/18712-maxthon-browser-for-windows-v4903000-rc-released/   will not activate, I am running XP  ?

How do you copy the mx print file to the maxthonmxprint folder? I have the file downloaded, but can't find the folder to to download it to.

?

Archived