Need a Maxthon-compatible password manager

conceptualclarity

I've used LastPass for a long time. But since I changed my email address on LastPass in July, I've had nothing but trouble. My LastPass Maxthon extension logs me in and then logs me back out in less than ten seconds. LastPass Support tells me they can't reproduce my problem, and they'e not continuing to communicate with me.

So what is a password manager that works really well on Maxthon? I want a password manager that also does autofill, like LastPass does. 

Is Sticky Password good on Maxthon?

Computer:            Dell System B3 Desktop
CPU:                 Intel Pentium 4-2667 (Northwood, D1)
                     2666 MHz (20.00x133.3) @ 2657 MHz (20.00x132.9)
Motherboard:         DELL 0G1548
Chipset:             Intel 845GEV (Brookdale-GEV) + ICH4
Memory:              2048 MBytes @ 166 MHz, 2.5-3-3-7
                     - 1024 MB PC3200 DDR-SDRAM - Kingston K
Graphics:            Intel 82845G/GL/GV Graphics Controller [DELL]
                     Intel i845G(L) Integrated, 64 MB 
Drive:               ST380011A, 78.1 GB, E-IDE (ATA-6)
Drive:               HGST HTS545050A7E380, 488.4 GB, Serial ATA 3Gb/s <-> USB
Drive:               SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S, CD-R Writer
Sound:               Creative Technology SB Live! Series Audio Processor
Network:             RealTek Semiconductor RTL8139 PCI Fast Ethernet NIC                      [A/B/C]
Network:             Broadcom 4401 10/100 Integrated Controller
Antivirus:           Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 8
Firewall:            Windows Firewall
Default Browser:     Maxthon 4.4.7.1000

Assuming that LastPass isn't just trying to shrug you off saying that it works, then it's possible there is a problem. There was another post saying they were having issues with LastPass staying logged in.

Can you try a portable version of Maxthon, install only the LastPass extension and check if it works.

I did that.

Try deleting extension then reinstalling,

I did that, and I still get the same rapid log-out after logging in.

Can you try a portable version of Maxthon, install only the LastPass extension and check if it works.

Thank you for the suggestion. I am concerned about would I retain the Application Data with the portable version? I use copying of the lasttabs.dat file in the History folder to keep my tabs (as links listed) because otherwise with crashes Maxthon frequently sheds the tabs even though it's configured to keep them. (Maxthon needs a Session Manager-type extension.) How could the portable version help in this LastPass situation?

if that fails try a clean install of browser and extensions

What would that entail? I definitely want to keep my history, my tabs, and my bookmarks.

How could the portable version help in this LastPass situation?

The idea isn't for you to use it day to day, so you don't need any of your userdata. We only want to test the extension and a clean version of Maxthon to ensure that there's nothing else going on that is causing it to not work properly.

Doing with a portable version means you don't have to worry about uninstalling etc. If we determine that the extension does work then we go back to testing for issues with your main install.

because otherwise with crashes Maxthon frequently sheds the tabs even though it's configured to keep them.

That's a little odd. Maxthon shouldn't be crashing that much... makes me think that there's something else going on. Can you post your crash logs as shown here

I did that.

I did that, and I still get the same rapid log-out after logging in.

Thank you for the suggestion. I am concerned about would I retain the Application Data with the portable version? I use copying of the lasttabs.dat file in the History folder to keep my tabs (as links listed) because otherwise with crashes Maxthon frequently sheds the tabs even though it's configured to keep them. (Maxthon needs a Session Manager-type extension.) How could the portable version help in this LastPass situation?

What would that entail? I definitely want to keep my history, my tabs, and my bookmarks.

There's a problem with the extension, try logging on from lastpass.com. The extension will work after that.

• Like 1

That's a little odd. Maxthon shouldn't be crashing that much... makes me think that there's something else going on. Can you post your crash logs as shown here

I'm used to it. It happens with Firefox as well. I've been battling drug-resistant scabies, and as a result I'm stuck for now on the resource-poor computer whose specs are above. The Maxthon crashes tend to happen when the browser has been up a long time and has accumulated a great deal of memory usage. Also, the more tabs I have open, the more likely a crash. Crashes especially happen when I have multiple tabs loading and they're not able to load quickly.

Do you want me to send the logs to Maxthon Help as well? I was using PeaZip. I got errors with the .zip and .7z formats. So I tried .tar.gz and didn't seem to get the error that way. I hope that's an acceptable format. If not, there are a bunch of other options.

The idea isn't for you to use it day to day, so you don't need any of your userdata. We only want to test the extension and a clean version of Maxthon to ensure that there's nothing else going on that is causing it to not work properly.

Doing with a portable version means you don't have to worry about uninstalling etc. If we determine that the extension does work then we go back to testing for issues with your main install.

OK, where do I get portable Maxthon? I think it would be great to have a troubleshooting profile for Maxthon along with my regular profile.

There's a problem with the extension, try logging on from lastpass.com. The extension will work after that.

I have tried that over and over again without success. Guess what--it worked this time! It's still showing red, and my vault is still loaded. I didn't do anything different this time. I hope it will continue. We'll see with the next reboot. **fingers crossed**

MaxthonCrashData.tar.gz

My thanks to both of you gentlemen.

Edited by conceptualclarity
adding thanks

• 2 months later...