DNS Unlocker still needs to be removed right now

Hi...

I would like to report a technical issue with this browser...I just disabled the ABP and it won't stay disabled.All it did is do the unthinkable....the blocked pop up pops up while clicking and I can't take it anymore and look what happened.....it enabled itself.Please fix this browser right now or I'm going to be very angry.Please make Maxthon back to normal and please make it stop acting like Google Chrome please.

Thanks for reading

Warmly regards,

Ayla

What site?

Does it happen on all sites?

Are you using the latest version?

Does the same happen in other browsers on that site?

I've had no issues with Maxthon not enabling/disabling ABP. So unless there's something weird happening on your system, or there is something wrong with your install it's a bit of a stretch to ask for something to be fixed when it may not be Maxthon's fault.

I have Maxthon version 4.4.7.3000 and I need this fixed up...DNSUnlocker needs to stop installing itself and leave my computer alone...and yes,the same thing happened at DeviantArt,YouTube and many more...I just uninstalled DNSUnlocker and it still won't go away.Could you guys please just please disable DNSUnlocker right now please....and yes...it happened in all sites.

Dear Maxthon...

I'm currently using Maxthon version 4.4.7.3000 and the malwarearrow-10x10.png ads from DNSUnlocker is still there....please please please remove DNSUnlocker from the browser so I can easily browse again...please...please make a remove DNSUnlocker perminately button for all Maxthon users including me....please.I just uninstalled DNSUnlocker from my computer and it still won't go away....please Maxthon....please make a button that says "remove DNSUnlocker Perminately"....please.

Thanks for reading and I hope this Malware nightmare is removed from Maxthon forever.

Warmly regards,

Ayla

Make DNSUnlocker disappear now.png

Dear Maxthon...

I'm currently using Maxthon version 4.4.7.3000 and the malwarearrow-10x10.png ads from DNSUnlocker is still there....please please please remove DNSUnlocker from the browser so I can easily browse again...please...please make a remove DNSUnlocker perminately button for all Maxthon users including me....please.I just uninstalled DNSUnlocker from my computer and it still won't go away....please Maxthon....please make a button that says "remove DNSUnlocker Perminately"....please.

Thanks for reading and I hope this Malware nightmare is removed from Maxthon forever.

Warmly regards,

Ayla

DNS Unlocker has nothing to do with Maxthon.  Do your own research on how to uninstall it from your computer.  

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Dear Maxthon...

Warmly regards,

Ayla

Where did you downlad Mathon ?

I suggest you to always download Maxthon installer from our Forum- http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/forum/57-maxthon-official-releases-and-betas/.

Scan you computer some antivirus or Adwcleaner.

Maxthon doesn't contains any spyware!-  unless you downloaded it from some fishy sites.

Where did you downlad Mathon ?

Maxthon doesn't contains any spyware!-  unless you downloaded it from some fishy sites.

This is not the first case. Users from India wrote about DNS Unlocker already. And one user wrote about "strange Russian pages".
I'm really surprised that so little Russian write about these "problems". Ex Russian ambassador publishes unofficial builds of your browser, skins and extensions with malware in "official" Russian communities. When users aks about this Nikolaeva tell that's unofficial. But this is not "Maxthon fans" or "Maxthon Community", this is "Maxthon Cloud Browser" or "Maxthon Russia". So this is fake pages. But why did you add link on this fake pages with malware in your official Yandex build on your website?

*Prt Sc*

Results from VirusTotal for MX4.4.7.3000 0/56

Results from VirusTotal for MX4.4.7.3000yandex 0/57

Based on that I find hard to understand how people are saying that it's Maxthon that is the cause of these issues. And the fact that it seems many users haven't updated their installs. If DNSUnlocker is getting on your system it's not because Maxthon was nice enough to download it for you.

Results from VirusTotal for MX4.4.7.3000yandex 0/57

Did I tell about viruses in Yandex build of Maxthon? I told about malware in communities and links on this communities which you added in your Yandex build of Maxthon. People download official Yandex build from your official website, see this links on this communities and think that this is official. If this is official Maxthon page, Maxthon responsible for all publications. People trust you and download malware.
I'm waiting for answer about "strange Russian pages". I'm sure that user from Russia. And I think this user from Southeast Asia. First case with DNS Unlicker was in India.

I have Maxthon version 4.4.7.3000 and I need this fixed up...DNSUnlocker needs to stop installing itself and leave my computer alone...and yes,the same thing happened at DeviantArt,YouTube and many more...I just uninstalled DNSUnlocker and it still won't go away.Could you guys please just please disable DNSUnlocker right now please....and yes...it happened in all sites.

dnsunlocker is a malware, and as far as i know it's not part of maxthon package. where did you download maxthon from ?

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/ads-by-dns-unlocker-removal/

edit : topics merged

sigmax2.png

Did I tell about viruses in Yandex build of Maxthon?

That was directed more towards the OP and their issue insinuating that Maxthon was the reason the malware got on the system. Until they reply with where the installed Maxthon from, any other random sites they may have visited, or other files downloaded, then you can't assume that Maxthon was the cause.

Now that you've explained that in more detail, I understand better what you're getting at.

Dear 14615246, has your problem been solved? I also encountered DNS Unlocker problem and finally deleted it from my PC by changing the DNS to google. The steps below which I found in this post may help you solve the problem.

Click Start button, go to Control Panel and click the View network status and tasks link under Network and Internet category. (Note: The control panel screen is under View by: Category)

view-network

Then click on Local Area Connection.

local-area-connection

In the pop-up Local Area Connection 2 Status window, you click on Properties button.

properties

Click on Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) then click Properties button.

ipv4

Select the Obtain DNS server address automatically option and click on OK button.

obtain-DNS

I hope this could do the trick. 

Good luck.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Was able to remove DNSunlocker from all browser types Chrome, Edge, Mozilla , but not from Maxthon , wich is my most used browser .

So a proper solution would be nice , nothing above mentioned works .

Can try to uninstall my browser , and re-install , but then I loose all my paswords , wanting to avoid that .And not sure if that would reolve the issue .

Anyone know how to resolve this ?

Thanks

Werner,

4 hours ago, 1355267744 said:

Hi,

Was able to remove DNSunlocker from all browser types Chrome, Edge, Mozilla , but not from Maxthon , wich is my most used browser .

So a proper solution would be nice , nothing above mentioned works .

Can try to uninstall my browser , and re-install , but then I loose all my paswords , wanting to avoid that .And not sure if that would reolve the issue .

Anyone know how to resolve this ?

Thanks

Werner,

I would unisntall maxthon, run an anti virus software, download maxthon from here http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/forum/57-maxthon-official-releases-and-betas/ and reinstall. if you have a passport, you won't lose anything, just sync before

you may also uninstall maxthon and keep the maxthon appdata folder C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3 , this way you won't lose anything, but don't forget to perform a virus scan to see if there's something in C:\Users\cathy\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3

sigmax2.png

Archived