Symbaloo: alternative new tab (Maxthon+Nitro)

A.S.

Translated weekend №2. Symbaloo: alternative new tab

Symbaloo is online service to create visual collections of bookmarks. Bookmarks are grouped together by category, and you get opportunity to share your collections for your friends. For most users Symbaloo is just alternative to standard new tab. But with Symbaloo you can sync your data between different browsers and for some categories of users (lecturers and students) share function is very useful. There are Symbaloo expansion for almost all browsers. Of course, except Maxthon. So I tried to make it:

560d46cc37596_.thumb.jpg.7ac0a8c3e7b8599

There are two variants of Symbaloo expansion for Maxthon:

• Symbaloo (Symbaloo instead of the standard Quick Access, website menu in toolbar, script for fast save of websites)
  • Symbaloo Light (standard Quick Access, Symbaloo is available by click on button in toolbar, script for fast save of website is available only in toolbar menu)

Why I made two separate extension you can read here:

I used NewTabPlus for Maxthon as the basis for full version. It's very popular extension for all browsers. But in Maxthon it works not as in other browsers. NTP's developer did a great work. Only thanks to him I can make my expansion kind of TabsBook and Symbaloo. So go on NewTabPlus page and give him five stars! And I don't know anything about scripts. So if you know what I can change it full version, tell me what.

Symbaloo website is translated in English, Netherlandish, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Catalan, Russian, Danish, Italian, Korean, Turkish, Polish and Swedish. But now extensions are translated only in English, Russian and Netherlandish. And I need help with translation again:

ENGLISH - RUSSIAN
Add in Symbaloo  - Добавить в Symbaloo
Open Symbaloo - Открыть Symbaloo
My profile - Мой профиль
Preferences - Предпочтения
Account settings - Настройки аккаунта
Support  - Помощь
About Symbaloo - Что за Symbaloo?
Rate and Review - Оценки и замечания

P.S. You can use Symbaloo to sync with your Nitro.
Just open this page and add Symbaloo button it favorites.  If you have problems with button you can also add script manually:
javascript:(function(){var%20url='http://bookmarker.symbaloo.com/?url='+encodeURIComponent(document.location.href),newwindow=window.open(url,'SymbalooBookmarker','toolbar=no,width=550,height=330,status=no,titlebar=no,scrollbars=no');window.setTimeout(function(){newwindow.focus()},0)})()

Click bookmarklet if you need to save website in Symbaloo and use ordinary Symbaloo.com bookmark to open your collections.

P.P.S. I have no idea how to add tags here...

Edited by A.S.
  • Like 4

Thanx, it really sounds interesting. Wil this work with 4,9?

Maybe. Maybe not.
Nobody saw MX 4.9 and nobody know what it will be. If old add-ons will work in 4.9, we have chance. But I don't know.
But I saw MxBrowser (not Maxthon) in my blog. Maybe this is MX for Android, maybe test build of something new.

Thanx, it really sounds interesting. Wil this work with 4,9?

Maybe. Maybe not.
Nobody saw MX 4.9 and nobody know what it will be. If old add-ons will work in 4.9, we have chance. But I don't know.
But I saw MxBrowser (not Maxthon) in my blog. Maybe this is MX for Android, maybe test build of something new.

Of course it's working just fine! :)

Check my screenshot.

Bez tytułu.jpg

• Like 1