Explorer is opened instead of Calculator

DjChapica

Hi,

I got a keypad that have an "calculator" key and when Maxthon is on the foreground, it open the default explorer, instead of the calculator. It's really weird !

I hope there is already a solution for that, and if not, developpers will do something about it.

Thanks !

Bye !

I brought this up ages ago. Others don't have the same problem. Still happening now on Windows 10, so I don't think it's OS related. Possibly related to the keyboard or the command that is sent. 

Might have to have another look at this at some stage.

If anyone can test - download & run the attached file. Make sure the program has focus then press the calculator shortcut key and post the details/screenshot of the command that it shows. Will hopefully indicate whether it's related to the command sent at least.

ShowKey_2.0.exe.zip

Hi,

I downloaded ShowKey and tested it with my calculator key, here's what I found :

ybl4DOb.png

I'd also discovered that the key that bring up my music software doesn't work too, so here's another screenshot :

5EbRzRl.png

I hope this will help solving the problem.

EDIT : The one bringing up the mail software isn't working too :

uLdEJ19.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Simbiat,

Sorry for this keyboard issue, but we think it might arise from hotkeys conflict. Please go to settings-shortcut keys and see if that "Calculator" button was also set to another shortcut function in Maxthon. We don't have that keyboard so we cannot reproduce this issue. But please do keep us informed of your progress. 

Best.

SO, I have Logitech Wave keyboard and there is a dedicated button to call Calculator (the integrated one, by Microsoft). But if I press this button when Maxthon window is selected it opens Maxthon's folder in Explorer, instead of the Calculator.

Merged with previous thread. If you can try the above and check. Still waiting on someone without the issue to check though.

Please go to settings-shortcut keys and see if that "Calculator" button was also set to another shortcut function in Maxthon.

It's a virtual key as noted in the above screen shots. I don't think Maxthon has any means to even access these keys through the shortcut key setup.

SO, I have Logitech Wave keyboard and there is a dedicated button to call Calculator (the integrated one, by Microsoft). But if I press this button when Maxthon window is selected it opens Maxthon's folder in Explorer, instead of the Calculator.

Check your settings in Setpoint, a number of keys can be assigned to calculator or to open Explorer. Try restoring defaults in Setpoint.

Check your settings in Setpoint, a number of keys can be assigned to calculator or to open Explorer. Try restoring defaults in Setpoint.

I have a logi keyboard as well, but there is no software that controls the buttons. The key sent by the keyboard is as noted above and works everywhere else except for maxthon.

I have a logi keyboard as well, but there is no software that controls the buttons. The key sent by the keyboard is as noted above and works everywhere else except for maxthon.

Yeah, wasn't sure as my logi doesn't have the calculator key but I can certainly assign calculator to any fkey.

Clipboard01.jpg

Pulled out my Logi wireless(it has a calculator key) and there is most definetly software to control the button. Just be sure it is set to default. Works fine on my machine.

Clipboard02.jpg

You'll have to trust me that Maxthon had focus when I tapped the calculator key...

Edit: And a note to the OP, mail and media work as well....

Clipboard03.jpg

It's great to say "it works for me" as it does show that it's not a common issue, but that doesn't really help. I've been asking for info as noted here from someone with a setup that works, but apparently no one can do that? 

I can use AHK to bypass the key, but for those that don't know or want to deal with doing that it doesn't help, nor should they have to.

For reference this is my keyboard: http://support.logitech.com/product/media-keyboard-k200/

Showkey doesn't intercept my wireless keyboard, only wired.

*My previous post was meant to imply that you use the Setpoint software.

***Logitech states that additional software may be required for programming buttons and keys; also that none is available for your keyboard. Guess that doesn't answer why it doesn't work in Maxthon.

http://support.logitech.com/article/32427#Keyboards

Firstly thank you for taking some time looking into this. But I think you've forgotten the crux of the issue, the button only doesn't work in Maxthon. If it was an issue with the defined key then it would be a system wide problem.

As for using other programs like Setpoint, they might work but what is the command sent? VK_Launch_App2 or calc.exe?

Again, until someone with it working on their system can provide info on the command that is sent, the only conclusion I can come to is that MX has an issue with some of the VK commands.

I never installed SetPoint, because... What's the point? It works fine without it, after all. And I do not see any shortcuts in Maxthon, that open Explorer, let alone specific folder...

How can I get what command is sent by that key?..

Download the software ShowKey 2.0 which is linked in 7twenty's post here http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/17537-winpc-issue-explorer-is-opened-instead-of-calculator/&do=findComment&comment=89944

<<SL>>

<launch_app2_pc_icon>Notification(Key, launch_app2_pc_icon, 3)</launch_app2_pc_icon>

Same thing. Dunno how this helps if at all...

Well it's so far confirming that it's related to the "launch_app2" virtual key, as everyone who has that issue has that key command.

But still waiting on a working system to compare...

Archived