Non-Functioning Websites and bad Certificates

sgt2006me12

Hi everyone, 

This is the first time I have used the Maxthon Forum so this may be in the wrong section, but...

I am using Maxthon 4.4.7.1000, the latest of all of them. When I go onto many websites, I am given an invalid certificate message, I continue at my own risk, and then the website looks like the attached. The list of websites is growing and this is not the only computer this happens on either that I have. My computer clock is correct and I am using Windows XP Professional x64 (not the xp that ended support in April 2014).

Mx1.bmp

Mx1.png

Thanks for the responses, I have tried turning off ad-block, upgrading (and actually completely un-installing the previous 1000 version), but nothing. I have tried Firefox and SeaMonkey (reminds me of my Netscape days!) and they worked fine. I would hate to have to switch browsers because of this. I also disables my antivirus program (Lavasoft Ad-Aware), but still no success!

Thanks for the screenshots, unfortunately they don't show what I was looking for. Even though the issue seems to be a "nonvalid digital signature", can you confirm that the valid to/from dates are correct as shown below.

Untitled2.thumb.png.fe447b9e65069a7f67e2

Are you using a proxy (icon in the address bar seems to indicate that)? If so, test with another or disable it.

And when going through the troubleshooting thread, did you also check using a portable version of Maxthon with no passport or user settings imported?

Just a tip, use the Maxthon Snap feature (as shown in the first image) to take screenshots. Much easier than using paint.

Attached is the screenshot of the facebook certificate, it even says it's safe and apparently nothing wrong with the certificate. Other websites that I have been to, very common ones at that, will have good dates to it but sometimes Maxthon will say the certificate is bad. I was originallly on proxy, but turned it off and there is no difference. I have also tried a clean installation of Maxthon Portable and even Nitro and still all the same problems, very strange. To be very honest at this point, I wouldn't even mind a remote connection to my computer since I have looked at other options and am not very happy with the others.

Facebook.bmp

Facebook.png

The HijackThis log doesn't show anything out of the ordinary that I can see. You do have a lot of cleaner programs running in the background. I'd recommend removing them all but one. Can cause issues when too many try and do something at the same time. Not sure, but doubt it's related to this issue though.

Can you try starting Windows in Safe Mode (keep pressing F8 during start up, then select Safe Mode with Networking when the menu pops up). Will help confirm that it's not some weird driver or program being loaded that isn't showing in the log.

Have also edited your posts adding thumbnails to make it easier to check images instead of having to download them all the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I think about it, I remember I had a similar issue in the past, and it was a cache problem, maxthon spreads its caches in several folders, not only into maxthon3 folders. Maybe someone else can tell you all cache locations. Hope this helps

sigmax2.png

Archived