Window control box width

7twenty

Hopefully someone with some more knowledge of the skin system might be able point me in the right direction.

I want to change the control box in MX4 to match the style of Windows10, but the area in 10 has been widened slightly which is larger than what the default is in MX. Looking through all the code I can't see anything that would change it. The boxes and hitzones are correct, but when the tabbar is full there is an overlap of the last tab and the minimise button.

post-6742-0-34555300-1442535015.png

Hopefully someone with some more knowledge of the skin system might be able point me in the right direction.

I want to change the control box in MX4 to match the style of Windows10, but the area in 10 has been widened slightly which is larger than what the default is in MX. Looking through all the code I can't see anything that would change it. The boxes and hitzones are correct, but when the tabbar is full there is an overlap of the last tab and the minimise button.

post-6742-0-34555300-1442535015.png

There are several ways to make room for the window controls.

1.  Unpack the skin

2. In main you can enter this in skin.css

.tabbar .max-spacer{
    display: block;
    width: 120px;
}

It will overwrite an entry in tabbar > index.css.  The value 120 is  one I've seen used, but you can adjust it as needed.

Or you can enter this in skin.css in the main folder

tabbar-container {
    flow: horizontal;
    width: 100%%;
    height: 100%%;
    margin-left:-5px;
    padding-right:80px;
}

This overwrites an entry in tabbar > conntainer.css.  The immportant value is padding-right.  Note here 80px is specified.  Adjust as nneeded.

3. Repackage skin.

I have used both methods in some skin mods with success.

<<SL>>

Edited by SnowLeopard
  • Like 3

Thanks for the reply.

Got it fixed over the weekend from a PM from tony while the forum was read only. He mentioned the tabbar/index.css and I found the max-spacer entry which I seemed to have looked over when looking previously. Changed it and it works great.

Thanks for the reply.

Got it fixed over the weekend from a PM from tony while the forum was read only. He mentioned the tabbar/index.css and I found the max-spacer entry which I seemed to have looked over when looking previously. Changed it and it works great.

Yeh, I know; I did the experiment AFTER telling you what to do ... that's b... ackward ... but theory proved right.

<<SL>>