Maxthon and Maxthon Cloud

Wepynx

Hey guys, I'm just tring to establish the difference between Maxthon Browser and Maxthon Cloud Browser. Being a forum member of a download site such as Majorgeeks, I notice when the browser has an updated version released. And the last time I checked, both versions were listed. Is there a difference, and could you explain it to me ? Thanks.

So what you're telling me is that they are both the same, even though they are listed separately and the file size is listed differently  in size .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

So what you're telling me is that they are both the same, even though they are listed separately and the file size is listed differently  in size .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

File size differs with almost each version, etal. v4.4.7 3000 and version 4.4.4.1000, for example.

Hi,

Maxthon Cloud Browser is the official name for Maxthon 4th generation browser. Users use " Maxthon, Maxthon Browser or MX4" to refer to Maxthon Cloud Browser sometimes too. And file size does differ from different versions. Maybe you could give us a link to the webpage you were talking about so we could check. Also, we suggest download through our official website or official forum thread.

Best.

Without knowing what files you're actually talking about it's hard to say for certain, but as slank pointed out if it's different versions of the browser (eg 4.4.5.1000 & 4.4.7.2000), then yes - all the same just different versions.

Just to confuse things a little bit, when Maxthon2 (M2) is running, Task Manager displays that "Maxthon Browser" is running and when Maxthon Cloud (M4) is running Task Manager displays that "Maxthon Cloud Browser" is running. That was my first thought when I first read this post, but now see that 7twenty has researched it and it's not related, just interesting.

Archived