Super drag & drop is too much sensible?

Alex 75

I use generally a desktop and sometime a notebook with a small mouse (not mini).

Often, with the notebook, when I want to click on a link or button I obtain instead a super drag & drop.
It happens also with the desktop but with a very low frequency.
​I close the new tab opened by mistake and make a more "precise" click.
It is not a problem but it is disturbing. For example if I use internet for one hour probably I collect 10/20 of this episodes.
I just close the new tab opened by mistake and make a more "precise" click.

It is only my opinion that super drag & drop is too much sensible?
Somebody else have this inconvenient?

Alessandro

I use generally a desktop and sometime a notebook with a small mouse (not mini).

Often, with the notebook, when I want to click on a link or button I obtain instead a super drag & drop.
It is not a problem but it is disturbing. For example if I use internet for one hour probably I collect 10/20 of this episodes.

Alessandro

You need to adjust the accuracy of your mouse pointer.  Has nothing to do with Maxthon.  What mouse are you using on both your desktop and notebook?

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

I use this settings from ... about 10/15 years.

mouse%20settings.png

Desktop: "classic" Logitech B100 at home and another old Trust mouse at work.

Notebook: Trust 19522 (wireless) or Logitech M-BJ79

I think that the distance used to "decide" that a drag is a "super drag & drop" is too small. (I don't like the idea that this can be "another" settings).

My Windows mouse settings are good for me.
It is born from my use of CorelDRAW, Corel PhotoPaint, Lightwave and some other graphic softwares, generally on 24" 1920x1200 screens.

Thanks,

Alessandro

I use this settings from ... about 10/15 years.

mouse%20settings.png

Desktop: "classic" Logitech B100 at home and another old Trust mouse at work.

Notebook: Trust 19522 (wireless) or Logitech M-BJ79

I think that the distance used to "decide" that a drag is a "super drag & drop" is too small. (I don't like the idea that this can be "another" settings).

My Windows mouse settings are good for me.

It is born from my use of CorelDRAW, Corel PhotoPaint, Lightwave and some other graphic softwares, generally on 24" 1920x1200 screens.

Thanks,

Alessandro

I also use graphics programs, Paint Shop Pro, PhotoImpact, etc. but do not experience this problem and I do a tremendous amount of copy/paste operations and link clicking constantly but do not experience the problem you are.  Maybe you are holding the left mouse button just an instant too long and the slightest hand movement is what is doing it?  I can imagine it's frustrating though to open a new tab, when that is not what you want.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Strange. 
I just experienced it now (I'm on my holiday and I've to work with my laptop). It is a stupid i5 ASUS with stupid 1366x768 screen.

I can reproduce it simply.

I'm attending to an online course, there are short videos (1-10 minutes long) and at the end of the video you have to click on Next or Previous buttons to move on the next or the previous lesson/quiz.
If I click this button "absently" (instinctively) I get half the time a super drag & drop.
I can't measure the duration of my click (there is a Maxthon log for this?), but I can assure you that it is a "normal" click.
I can imagine it is 250 milliseconds long.
Generally, I "run" with the mouse from the bottom left, where there are the video player control buttons, to the top right "next" button.

To be sure to not have a super drag & drop I've to PAY ATTENTION to my "click" action  :) , I've to move slow ... stop the mouse .. and click with the fear to move the mouse by some millimeters by mistake  :huh: .
(yes, I'm exaggerating it, just to make it clear)

I don't know if it is a problem of my configuration or not, that is why I asked if other users have this problem.

The only thing I noticed is that with a lower precision mouse (a little one) e the problem is amplified.

Thanks,

Alessandro

Alessandro

I know exactly what you mean, it's a pain with a laptop trackpad. There should be a tolerance in terms of how much the cursor moves before super drag-and-drop activates.

Archived