DOWNLOAD BUTTON NOT WORKING

I TYPE IN CAPS BECAUSE I HAVE POOR EYE SIGHT IT MAKES IT EASIER TO SEE...TRY AND CLICK THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON WILL NOT RESPOND THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME TO ME ....

WHEN I CLOSE OUT THE COMPUTER AT NIGHT AND THEN REOPEN AND TRY TO DOWNLOAD SOMETHING IT WILL NOT RESPOND AT ALL..

AFTER  CLICK THE BUTTON A COUPLE OF TIMES IT WILL USUALLY ALL OF SUDDEN COME ON AND TRY TO DOWNLOAD ALL THE TIMES I CLICKED IT...

HOW DO I GET IT TO RESPOND THE RIGHT WAY ALL THE TIME ...THIS IS WHAT I DO ALL DAY IS LOOK FOR PRETTY PICTURES AND PSP ITEMS

PLEASE VERY UP SETTING WHEN TRYING TO DOWNLOAD A ZIP WHERE YOU HAVE TO LEFT CLICK... RIGHT CLICK WILL NOT WORK ON THEM  PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME... THANK YOU ...

Can you provide some links to things that have shown that issue?

Some sites can be slow at responding to requests, so if it doesn't reply with the download link straight away then MX waits till it does then shows the dialog.

And maybe try typing in lower case and making the font bold or increasing the size by 1?

I have this issue, in part, too.  It started 17/9/2015 and until today downloads were fine.  I use version 4.4.6.1000.

• Web site downloads fail.
  • Clicking the download button does not display the download window.
  • Ctrl+J fails too.

Unlike pattynelson94, I do not find the button suddenly works and displays for every click I made.

There have been no Windows updates.

Is this any more info you want?

Is this any more info you want?

Please provide links that have caused the issue. Even if you say it's "all of them" if it can't be reproduced by others it's very hard to determine the problem. At least using the same links we have a common point to start from.

Also try updating to the latest version found here.

Ctrl+J fails too.

What exactly do you mean by this? Ctrl+J doesn't open the downloader window? If that's the case, try starting it from the sidebar. If neither of those work then there is something going on with the files related to the downloader. A reinstall would be the best bet.

Thanks for your response.  It works now and I've done nothing to make that happen. Because of this I have not included any links that had failed.

There are two matters to clear up:

When I say Ctrl + J fails too, I mean that it does not open the Download Manager as it should - it does now.

You say to try updating to the latest version but with downloads impossible that was never going to happen.  Now they do work, I see there is a version 4.4.7.3 but when I look at my version it is 4.4.6.1 yet Maxthon says it is up to date - see inserted image.  How can this be?

About.PNG

You say to try updating to the latest version but with downloads impossible that was never going to happen.  Now they do work, I see there is a version 4.4.7.3 but when I look at my version it is 4.4.6.1 yet Maxthon says it is up to date - see inserted image.  How can this be?

About.PNG

you can find all versions here : http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/forum/57-maxthon-official-releases-and-betas/

and you can use another browser to download the file in case maxthon downloader fails.

sigmax2.png

• 4 weeks later...

I am sorry if my typing in all caps is so very disturbing I do because of eye sight...   Ok I am still having the same problem... my latest version that I have been able to download and unpack is 4.4.7.100 still having the problem every place I go to download will not start up.. I have to click the download manger button (the one with the arrow pointing down and then the line under it) numerous times some time no matter how many times I click it or click the ctrol j keys it will not download anything... so sometimes I close the browser and then reopen it...some times that works ...but a lot of times it will not... next I try to restart the whole computer ...that does not do anything...  once it kicks in and will download everything I have tried to download since the browser has been open will start loading and I will have the bar across the bottom full of download requests.... but once i get it to download that first one it is fine the rest of the time...

MY LATEST VERSIONlol.jpg

my latest version that I have been able to download and unpack is 4.4.7.100

in addition to 7twenty's advice, according to your screencapture, you try to download maxthon from an external site

You should download an official maxthon version ? http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/17454-maxthon-cloud-browser-for-windows-v4473000-released/ and then perform a clean install 

sigmax2.png

• 3 weeks later...

WELL I  WOULD LOVE TO DOWNLOAD THE CLEAN FRESH SET UP ON THE PAGE  YOU HAVE NOTED ABOVE... BUT... I CAN NOT GET IT TO DOWNLOAD BECAUSE I CAN NOT USE THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON....UNLESS AFTER CLICKING CRTL J OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN..CLICK THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON A NUMBER OF TIMES... CLOSING BROWSER AND CLEANING CACHE OUT THEN SOMETIMES THAT WORKS AND THEN MOST OF THE TIME I JUST HAVE KEEP CLICKING OVER AND OVER UNTIL IT CLICKS IN...AND YES IT IS GETTING TO BE A REAL PAIN IN THE ASS...I DO NOT HAVE ANY OTHER ITEM TO CHECK AND SEE IF I CAN DOWNLOAD SINCE I DO NOT HAVE A CELL PHONE OR A TABLET... OR ANYTHING OTHER THEN MY POOR OLD LAP TOP..

SO MY TRY OF DOWNLOADING THE BROWSER FROM YOUR SITE..I CLICKED AFTER THE 1,000 TIMES OF TRYING TO GET THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON TO WORK I GOT IT..SO I WENT RIGHT TO THE SITE I CLICKED THE LINK FROM HERE YOU WILL SEE IN MY SCREEN SHOT THAT I DOWNLOADED IT ....BUT....THERE WAS NOT ANYTHING TO DOWNLOAD THE DOWN LOADER COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING..  PLEASE I LIKE YOUR BROWSER I LIKE THE NO ADDS ON 99.99 % OF THE PAGES...PLEASE HELP ME...

Image1.jpg

SO MY TRY OF DOWNLOADING THE BROWSER FROM YOUR SITE..I CLICKED AFTER THE 1,000 TIMES OF TRYING TO GET THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON TO WORK I GOT IT..SO I WENT RIGHT TO THE SITE I CLICKED THE LINK FROM HERE YOU WILL SEE IN MY SCREEN SHOT THAT I DOWNLOADED IT ....BUT....THERE WAS NOT ANYTHING TO DOWNLOAD THE DOWN LOADER COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING..  PLEASE I LIKE YOUR BROWSER I LIKE THE NO ADDS ON 99.99 % OF THE PAGES...PLEASE HELP ME...

Image1.jpg

In the mean time, a new release was published :http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/17794-maxthon-cloud-browser-for-windows-v4481000-officially-released/ 

Try to download it with internet explorer or another browser, then perform a clean install

first time you run it don't connect to your passport and don't enable any extension, to see if it helps.

If downloading works, it means there's something with your setings or extensions.

sigmax2.png

You must have been really unlucky for your net or the servers to drop out at that particular time. Just tried all the links and there's no problems from this end.

As ody said, try downloading with Internet Explorer then do as requested above.

Also do you have any other programs installed that might intercept keyboard inputs?

• 2 weeks later...

I am using the newest version of Maxthon Cloud Browser. When I try to download from a website (and upload to my cloud if I could get that far) the download manager does not open.  No error, no nothing.  It only started when I "upgraded" to windows 10 and does not happen on my Win 7 computer.  This issue comes and goes and is incredibly annoying.    I had to redownload the browser and reinstall. It worked perfectly ...for awhile. Now I'm back to the same problem. I've taken to copying DL links and pasting them in Edge. It's really quite sad - plz help. >( I have too much stuff tied to Maxthon to change browsers, and I am sick of having to open Edge to DL things when it stops working. I uninstalled, redownloaded, reinstalled and reconfigured maxthon and it still has the same problem. It must be some minute setting somewhere that I am overlooking that was probably created for sole purpose of annoying me. It's not so terrible that I have to use another download manager but I wish it wasn't through another browser and I wish I had access to my maxthon cloud....I miss having my install files in the sky. Is there some kind of external download manager that I could feasibly replace it with? Any suggestions?

I am using the newest version of Maxthon Cloud Browser. When I try to download from a website (and upload to my cloud if I could get that far) the download manager does not open.  No error, no nothing.

Merged with other thread discussing same.

Can you test with the portable version as noted in this post and reply with the outcome.

Archived