Maxthon Downloader does not remember size and position

You can delete the file where it saves it's settings hopefully getting things working again. Not sure if this works as I don't have the issue.

Exit Maxthon.

Paste the following into an Exlporer address bar: %appdata%\Maxthon3\UserData\Public\Downloader

Delete the file: dlConfig.ini

Start Maxthon again, it will have reset to default. Exit, restart - hopefully this time it stays where it was set last time.

You can delete the file where it saves it's settings hopefully getting things working again. Not sure if this works as I don't have the issue.

Exit Maxthon.

Paste the following into an Exlporer address bar: %appdata%\Maxthon3\UserData\Public\Downloader

Delete the file: dlConfig.ini

Start Maxthon again, it will have reset to default. Exit, restart - hopefully this time it stays where it was set last time.

No joy, I tried and it doesn't work.

But I opened the dlConfig.ini file to have a look and I found it ALWAYS revert to a size of 545x550, just like the pic OP posted.

Upon closer inspection, I found this was the exact size the window should be when I switched over to the "Hot Apps" tab.

So I can say with certainty now it's the "Hot Apps" tab that's causing this issue and somehow messing with the window size.

See what happens when you change language. Hot Apps only works with en-US. So if Hot Apps isn't available by changing language then it's probably something overwriting the settings file when HotApps updates.

Yes, you've nailed it!  :)

I changed language to Japanese, resize+reposition the window to where I liked it, restart Maxthon and it was exactly how I left it. Tried again the 2nd time with Polish and got the same result.

And just to be sure, I switched back to en-US, restart Maxthon and the issue cropped up again.

So now that it is almost 100% certain "Hot Apps" is the culprit here, can the developers fix it please?

Really?  :titter:

I would suggest they fix it.  :)

Yes, hopefully.  :)

Really?  :titter:

I would suggest they fix it.  :)

Yes, really. The suggestion wasn't meant to be a workaround, it was a test to try and determine the cause. Which it seems it has.

They will fix it, but if they don't know the cause it makes it hard for them to do that. As shown by Cookie_Monster the simple test that would have taken less than a minute has found the possible cause of the problem. I'm not saying that the dev's couldn't or wouldn't have found it themselves, but it gives them something more concrete to start from.

7twenty, sorry if I offended you, it was not my idea. I know you wrote it for me or us to make this test and the idea was great. However, since we have an addition to the dialog and in this same release the problem appeared, it is most certain (as you thought) the problem appeared from that. I think, though, that each developer should test his own code and the results and not wait for us to test it. I have my own code to test to lose time with every new bug they introduce. There are far more important bugs and problems with the browser and although I think we should support the developers, their work and everyone else working to make Maxthon a better browser, I seem to not understand the idea of sloppy work. We should all do what we have to and do it being responsible about it. So, they should hire a QA staff member to test those things. Please excuse me if I have not understood and Maxthon is a community project - in that case we will test everything and we can even fix the bugs. I have not seen even a real bug reporting system and I don't think the forum is the place to deal with bugs.

I have used Maxthon since MyIE2 and despite all those problems and bugs, I am here to stay. All the best to you all and may God bless you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody. I'm new here.

Download Manager is starting allways in an offrset position on screen, I must drag the window to proper see it and resize it to fit my needs. Whatever I do, it not remember to the next session. It starts again in the same wrong size and posision. Verry annoyng. Not a problem until this last version. What is wrong?

Thanks.

MX Version: 4.4.7.1000 Portable

7twenty, sorry if I offended you, it was not my idea. 

I apologise if that came off like I was offended. That wasn't the intention. Just making a point that some things need to be tested to be able to repeat and confirm the issue. The dev's may well have been aware of the problem, but not till after this version was released. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So far I don't think I have access to this internal version. However, since the 4.9 versions .2200 and .2400 are missing the other tabs, this maybethe reason the problem is not appearing. The problem is fixed in Beta 4.4.8.600, which I am still (again) using now, but is not fixed in the final 4.4.8.1000.

• 3 months later...

After installing 4.4.8.2000, the latest final from the 4.4 branch, I can confirm that the problem does not  exists with it, since it doesn't featue the Hot Apps tab.

I suppose we can consider this "bug" fixed, since this is a final (stable) release.

A note to the developers: please test if new features disrupt something working. ;)

P.S. Sorry for this misleading comment, I forgot I had to test with the language set to English. Due to the fact that regional settings are tied to the language, I had to abondon English as the default one. The problem is there, nothing changed since 4.4.8.1000.

Archived