quick app and windows 10

-ody-

I just tried to save a website as a quick app, but can't find it anywhere (neither on desktop, nor in taskbar)....

can someone please tell me where I can find maxthon quick apps on windows 10 ?

When you click on the Start Icon at the bottom left corner, doesn't it show up as "Recently Added"?

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Just tested and it showed up on the desktop but not on the taskbar, or in recently added.

Something probably changed in Win10 with where/how the the taskbar saves it's items. Until MX updates for it then that won't work. No reason why the desktop link shouldn't work though.

Check the desktop folder in Explorer. I've "lost" icons on occasion but they were there, just didn't want to show on the desktop for some reason.

Check the desktop folder in Explorer. I've "lost" icons on occasion but they were there, just didn't want to show on the desktop for some reason.

you're right, I found them there...

still no way to find them in recently added nor taskbar

@slank : quick apps are still there in Mxcloud : try to right click on a tab !

sigmax2.png

Done a bit of digging, not that it's really going to help, but Windows saves the links in a folder, and also in the registry. So could be that MX was only saving to one which worked in previous versions, but not Win10. Or for some reason permissions have changed in win10 so either of those aren't being added properly so the icon doesn't get added to the taskbar.

You used to be able to add them to the sidebar, I don't think it has anything to do with Win10, it was lost with M4 and never fixed. Hope someone can try on win 7 or 8.

Edit: Ah, I'm referring to something different, the ability to make an app to add to the sidebar, quick apps is supposed to be added to the task bar. Mea culpa!

You used to be able to add them to the sidebar, I don't think it has anything to do with Win10, it was lost with M4 and never fixed. Hope someone can try on win 7 or 8.

Edit: Ah, I'm referring to something different, the ability to make an app to add to the sidebar, quick apps is supposed to be added to the task bar. Mea culpa!

The ability to add a website quick app to sidebar has been removed because according to data record, very few user would use that feature...

The ability to add a website quick app to sidebar has been removed because according to data record, very few user would use that feature...

so let's go back to my initial issue please : what about pinning a tab as a quickapp to windows10 taskbar ?

sigmax2.png

Archived