Maxthon in 16bit with 800*600 screen resolution

engineer

Due for my problematic system I can not use color quality 32 bit because of hanging system So I use 16bit with 800*600 screen resolution but in this case Maxthon seems very larger and can not work with it esecially size of Tab please fix it for users like me :'(

9739445Untitled20130505115927.jpg

8384724Untitled20130505115241.jpg

a few solutions

buy a better monitor

or if its a graphics problem - buy a better graphics card

or learn how to change the tab width in skins

the last is easy and costs nothing

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

tony. replied at 2013-5-5 00:29 back.gif

a few solutions

buy a better monitor

a few solutions buy a better monitor

My problem is just weak in Cpu preventing freezing I did that

a few solutions or if its a graphics problem - buy a better graphics card

As I said on top My problem is not realating to Graphic card tooa few solutions or learn how to change the tab width in skins Skin causes freeze my system I always use lightest skin can not use skin cause be freezing my system because of cpu poora few solutions the last is easy and costs nothingAs I explained with proof your claim was improper !

Abdolreza replied at 2013-5-5 00:50 back.gif

My problem is just weak in Cpu preventing freezing I did that

As I said on top My problem is no ...

odyssee  skins don't use any more cpu than the default one  Post time 2 min. ago

Why Maxthon solve all things by offering different skins ?:(

then tell me how wide you want the tab and i will alter it - its 220px wide now - what do you want half of that

i can tell you how to do it - it really is easy - you can then play to get it right for you

unzip the file and copy ui.dat into the bin dir - 3 versions - half - third and quarter width - one of them should do i guess - if you upgrade the browser on thursday or whenever the mod will be lost - you can write protect the ui.dat file in the bin dir or just install it again

you really should learn the basics of skins - much of what you ask is simple enough

what confuses me about things like this is that GuguX was giving options to do this by modding a text file back in the early days of MX3 - i am no programmer as i keep saying but why things like this are not in the skin is beyond me - they would be far more useful than changing a colour

that said simple things like this can be achieved in about a minute or so if you know your way round the skin - people really should learn the basics - it makes the browser so much better

tony. replied at 2013-5-5 01:41 back.gif

unzip the file and copy ui.dat into the bin dir - 3 versions - half - third and quarter width - one ...

I tested all each by each in directory you said but size width for all of them was same you see

6972364__________20130505143118.jpg

7459343__________20130505143052.jpg

tony. replied at 2013-5-5 02:35 back.gif

not sure what went wrong - try these

Now collected=gathered Tabs is missing when so many tabs would be opening

Would you please decrease this width size attached below to half ? like chorom when a tab minimized

4604496ct.jpg

do you mean the tab overflow button - that works - it does not appear until 15 or so tabs are open and you have not than many in your screen shot

be specific on half - the original tab is 220px wide - i gave you 3 options 110px - 75px and 55px - you say to decrease by half - half of what - which one are you using in your screen grab

post-2400682-14315106714397_thumb.png

tony. replied at 2013-5-5 03:14 back.gif

do you mean the tab overflow button - that works - it does not appear until 15 or so tabs are open a ...

Please fix gathered tabs feature in all modes then make fourth mode with one fifth of 220 px with gathered tabs feature too !

Thanks so million Dear Tony

About other unknown parts in Maxthon when resolution windows be on 800*600 must say some parts are really great for example I can't see buttons on below of Maxthon sync cloud pop up at all !!!!!!!!!

2430660__________20130505154526.jpg

ahhhhhh you have moved on from a quick and simple mod that is a matter of changing one value to more complex skin modification that may or may not be easy and for a screen res that nobody really uses

we come back to the discussion of self help - sooner or later if people want things then learning to mod skins is the answer

and what is that space for - no idea - ask the dev who did the skin - there is no practical reason for it that i can see - its not there in full screen mode so go to that - but i did not do the skin so in a programmers mind it may be needed

you are always going to have problems 8 x 6 is just too small - close some of the buttons on the left and close the search box is about the best you can do

theres too much going on on that line and the address box closes to compensate

I think this comes back to the point that you are trying to run a browser made for todays internet and computers on a system clearly not current enough to make use of it.

In this case the best 2 options are upgrade the system or use a browser that was made for that system, IE6/7/MyIE2 maybe?

Archived