Maxthon is suddenly not saving my new session tabs/links

I have Maxthon set to "Last Session" under "Open on Startup". I save a large accumulation of links from previous sessions, and I keep watch on the lasttabs.dat file and make copies of it to ensure that I keep my links.

Today I find Maxthon is no longer saving my tabs, as the screenshots demonstrate. The first screenshot is taken just before a shutdown.

This is simultaneous with me getting these error messages when Maxthon starts up:

Msg Error                     Msg Error

listBoard_ (183)           board_ (183)

I have no idea what those mean, but I have no doubt there is a connection.

I need to be able to save tabs if I'm going to continue with Maxthon.

Maxthon really badly needs a session manager like one can get in the Mozilla and Chrome extension stores.

Computer:            Dell System B3 Desktop
CPU:                 Intel Pentium 4-2667 (Northwood, D1)
                     2666 MHz (20.00x133.3) @ 2657 MHz (20.00x132.9)
Motherboard:         DELL 0G1548
Chipset:             Intel 845GEV (Brookdale-GEV) + ICH4
Memory:              2048 MBytes @ 166 MHz, 2.5-3-3-7
                     - 1024 MB PC3200 DDR-SDRAM - Kingston K
Graphics:            Intel 82845G/GL/GV Graphics Controller [DELL]
                     Intel i845G(L) Integrated, 64 MB 
Drive:               ST380011A, 78.1 GB, E-IDE (ATA-6)
Drive:               HGST HTS545050A7E380, 488.4 GB, Serial ATA 3Gb/s <-> USB
Drive:               SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S, CD-R Writer
Sound:               Creative Technology SB Live! Series Audio Processor
Network:             RealTek Semiconductor RTL8139 PCI Fast Ethernet NIC                      [A/B/C]
Network:             Broadcom 4401 10/100 Integrated Controller
Antivirus:           Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 8
Firewall:            Windows Firewall
Default Browser:     Maxthon

post-45055-0-53609100-1440042990_thumb.p

post-45055-0-11257200-1440043033_thumb.p

post-45055-0-30579800-1440043090_thumb.p

I just shut down Maxthon again with a good number of additional tabs. I checked lasttabs.dat and noted that its increased size definitely reflected the addition of the new tabs. However, when I brought Maxthon up again, I saw one of those error messages, and the about:last page did not show the latest tabs added.

Are you using a passport account? And how many sites do you have on the last tabs page?

If not, i'd back up all your data and do a clean install. Restore the data and see if that helps.

If that doesn't help, then try this:

1/ Open all the last tabs,

2/ Save all of them into a favourites folder (CTRL-ALT-D).

3/ Close all the tabs, exit Maxthon.

4/ Open maxthon, last tabs should show no sites.

5/ Open all the sites saved in the favourites folder (right-click, open all...), exit Maxthon.

6/ Open Maxthon, your last tabs page should be back to where it was originally and hopefully working again.

Just to make sure Maxthon creates a new lasttabs.dat file, you can delete the file after exiting Maxthon in step 3.

Make sure you keep a back up of all your userdata. Details to folders etc are in the Troubleshooting thread pinned in General Discussion.

​I disabled all my extensions, and that stopped the problem. My extensions are in the screenshot. I've had Adblock Plus disabled for some days before this, and MX Games has been disabled for a good while. The only change in this immediate period to my extensions was the updating of the Last Pass extension. Would that have caused this?

​I disabled all my extensions, and that stopped the problem. 

Well you're half way there, now just enable them one at a time till the issue starts happening again. Once you know which one is causing it, it might be easier to come up with a workaround or solution

I have twice put an attachment in, and Maxthon Forum has rejected it both times. It's not set up to be as easy to attach to a reply as to the initial post.

Do you get an error? If you can't add an attachment here then just link to another site like imgur.com or onedrive etc

Well you're half way there, now just enable them one at a time till the issue starts happening again. Once you know which one is causing it, it might be easier to come up with a workaround or solution

Do you get an error? If you can't add an attachment here then just link to another site like imgur.com or onedrive etc

I enabled them all at once and fortunately the issue did not reassert itself.

It's a lot easier to add an attachment than to use Imgur, which I'm just getting started on.

I saw something about Reader Mode. I can't find anything about it on my browser. Where do I go to find that option? 

I enabled them all at once and fortunately the issue did not reassert itself.

It's a lot easier to add an attachment than to use Imgur, which I'm just getting started on.

I saw something about Reader Mode. I can't find anything about it on my browser. Where do I go to find that option? 

reader mode is not available for all sites

when available, it's the last right icon in address bar

post-3259-0-26135900-1440243787_thumb.pn

sigmax2.png

Archived