Maxthon for Android - "you device is not compatible"

I wanted to update Maxthon for Android to the newest version  4.5.1.2000. 

But it says my device is not compatible? How come? Nexus 7 with Android 5.1.1 ?

post-3083-0-19201900-1439551305_thumb.pn

Edit: For those people who are not very clever - above is the image of GOOGLE PLAY store opened on my tablet, which is Nexus 7.

In a description you can see that Google Play won't allow me to install Maxthon on my device (which is tablet, Nexus 7) due to incompatibility.

Got it?

For all 30% of you guys here is another screenshot that maybe will help you understand what is going on in this thread:

post-3083-0-23052800-1442067653_thumb.pn

I had no problem installing M4.5.1.2000 on my Nexus 7 2013 with Lollipop 5.1.1 from the app store.

It also installed on my ZTE z665c running android ICS4.1.1, again from the store. I think there was a problem with corrupt files from the Maxthon site. Try the store.

post-23066-0-55923100-1439619238_thumb.p

No, I do not see "Google Play" in your screenshot in http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php/topic/16931-maxthon-for-android-you-device-is-not-compatible/#entry88970

I do see it in slank's responnse.

Your image is of Maxthon.com d/load site.

No, it is Google Play but on mobile. This is evidenced by the icons at the top of screen, the design, and the notice "this device isn't compatible with this version".

LOL, nope!

Can't you see Back Arrow, Search and settings button upper screen?!  :huh:

It's definitely Google Play.

So you and Snowleopard are both wrong.

7twenty "No, it is Google Play but on mobile. This is evidenced by the icons at the top of screen, the design, and the notice "this device isn't compatible with this version"."

What are you guys, European or something?

Yeah, I can't even access Google Play with my phone(ICS4.1.1), I need to use Play Store app. When I try with my phone I get a message that my phone's browser(Mx4.5.1.2000) is no longer supported. Edit: No problem accessing the store with Maxthon on my Nexus 7.

BTW, my image in previous post is what Google store looks like on my Nexus 7. Apparently there are more than one "store".

In my previous post I purposely included 2013 as the model year, are you using the 2012 model konieckopra?

• 3 weeks later...

My image of Google store is ​from a mobile device but using Maxthon not the Google play app(which I'm now forced to use using my 4.1.1 ICS phone because of incompatibility issues). Of the 30% covered by idiots I wonder what percentage have their heads so far up their butts that they can't see the light of day.

Still can't install maxthon on my Android device.

Still can't install maxthon on my Android device.

Hey, please try a a clean install of this apk http://dl.maxthon.com/mobile/Maxthon_4.4.8.2000_remote_international.apk or this version http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php/topic/16928-maxthon-cloud-browser-for-android-v4512000/ andlet me know if ti works.

Archived