Boss key and authentication dialog

R3gi

Hello,

when the browser is hidden via Boss key, "Authentication Required" dialog still appears, so my boss may know that MX is running ;)

post-301908-0-74361900-1439294570.png

I hope this isn't expected behaviour, so is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

Currently I am running v4.4.6.2000 Portable, I'll try update to 4.4.7.1000 and see if it will help.

Boss key works perfectly. It seems network in my job is set to require authentication in some time period, I am browsing via proxy. If the browser is hidden with the Boss key and the authentication is required, the dialog appears. Broblem is that it isn't hidden as the browser, but it appears in front of other windows, which means it can be noticed.

I just tried with the latest version 4.4.7.1000 and everything with Boss key works as expected. There is no authentication windows popping up...

Sounds like you think the authentication window is because of using the Boss key. The problem is that after pressing the Boss key to hide MX, if for some reason a page decides to request authentication via a dialog as shown above, it will disregard being hidden and show that dialog anyway.

Sounds like you think the authentication window is because of using the Boss key.

No, I just think the dialog shouldn't appear if the browser is in "secrete mode". Appearing the dialog may be caused by configuration or issue in our network. Maybe it's maxthon's bug, I don't know, it doesn't matter now.

The problem is that after pressing the Boss key to hide MX, if for some reason a page decides to request authentication via a dialog as shown above, it will disregard being hidden and show that dialog anyway.

Exactly.

No, I just think the dialog shouldn't appear if the browser is in "secrete mode". Appearing the dialog may be caused by configuration or issue in our network. Maybe it's maxthon's bug, I don't know, it doesn't matter now.

That was directed to BugSir007, as his reply seemed to indicate that pressing the boss key was part of the issue.

Archived