Right Click Search - Not Working

Good Folks

I thought I'd give it some time before bothering the forum....sorta hoping for a 'self-correct'.....but that's going nowhere. 

When I select a portion of text and right click I used to be able to select search and a new window would open with google search results. 

That no longer happens and has not for quite some time now. The message I am getting is attached. 

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Jeanette

post-137307-0-17619500-1439142567.png

Good Folks

I thought I'd give it some time before bothering the forum....sorta hoping for a 'self-correct'.....but that's going nowhere. 

When I select a portion of text and right click I used to be able to select search and a new window would open with google search results. 

That no longer happens and has not for quite some time now. The message I am getting is attached. 

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Jeanette

What version of Maxthon are you using please?  I'm on 4.4.7.600 which you can download from here and the search works as it is supposed to. Of course I use Bing, but that shouldn't matter.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Check your search settings. Make sure the search URL that you're using works. Test by copy/paste from the setup page to the address bar.

Also try changing to another search like bing or yahoo and see if it still happens. If these work, then it's 100% an issue with the URL you're using.

Hi,

Really sorry for your inconvenience. 

It works fine on our latest version here on 4.4.7.600.

Maybe you can reset one search engine in settings,

change to another one to have a look.

Are you using a proxy and forget to turn it off by the way?

Feel free to contact us if any problem persists.

• 4 weeks later...

G'nite everyone. 

Thank you very much. Apologies but I literally forgot I had posted the question, until I tried using it again and it didn't work. 

I tried the suggestion that BugMiss and 7twenty mentioned. And it worked.  

I changed the setting to search BING and it worked fine. But I wanted to work with Google. So I changed it back and it worked. I was glad but confused. 

Then I realised it was not the SAME google. There are two Google Options and it does not work with the one that just says "Google" but it does with the one that says "Google Search" .

Thanks always for the support.

Jeanette

There are two Google Options and it does not work with the one that just says "Google" but it does with the one that says "Google Search" .

As noted above, did you check that the URLs of both those searches actually work by entering them into the address bar? The only reason the other one won't work is if the URL is wrong. If that is the case then resetting them as BugMiss006 should fix that.

Or just post both the URLs here for us to check.

Archived