Page unresponsive while loading many youtube videos

Problem:

Opening any page with many embedded youtube videos (f.e. livejournal friends feed) Maxthon waiting until ALL of the videos is embedded so it's may take about 10-15 seconds even on the fast machines. Page can't be scrolled via mouse or keyboard.

Suggestion:

Show placeholders and allow to scroll page and read any other information while embed video on the fly.

Yes, it's always the same. Page with many (about 10-15) EMBEDDED youtube videos completely unresponsive while all videos in process of embedding.

1. Page loaded fast

2. Maxthon's status bar shows "Loading... http://www.youtube.com/embed/..............."and counts all videos on page

3. While this videos is loaded page is unresponsive

Once again: it's happened only on pages with many EMBEDDED videos. If I open www.youtube.com - there are NO problems because only previews of videos. If I open my livejournal friends feed (I do not want to show an address. If you need - I can sent via private message) page is stuck.

If you feel some Youtube embed video on a website is so annoying, you can try some of the workaround below.

1. Go to settings advanced and uncheck the Allow all sites to run plug-ins
  2. Install the Flashblock extension to block flash content.
  3. Simply add some blocking rule on adblock, eg
||youtube.com/embed/*
||youtube.com/watch?v=*
||googlevideo.com

I don't feel so :)

It's my friends feed and it's ok to have many interesting videos.

I just want to have ability to scroll page while videos is embedded.

BTW: I want to thank Maxthon for independent tabs. While LJ page is unresponsive all other tabs working fine!

Archived