Maxthon hangs/freezes on Yahoo Mail

Maxthon 4.4.7.600 hangs/freezes for about 30sec. when I open Yahoo Mail .I can't do anything but wait .

The cursor mouse stays still and the computer is not responsive  although the hard drive LED is blinking.

My first thought was that is the antivirus ,but on Chrome it doesn't do that.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Maxthon freezes very long time on many pages
Maxton frozen, frozen and also my mouse and my entire computer is running a frozen 20-50. sec.
I tried all your advice on this issue, and I could not do anything to stop it from freezing
I hope you can help me.
I send you my "MaxthonCrashData"
version MX v4.4.7.1000.
Thank you very much.

#5 in the troubleshooting list is "Try disabling AdBlock Plus", I notice that in your video ABP is still enabled for that test. Based on that i'm sceptical that all the instructions were followed as written.

Does the same happen with other browsers?

Did you do #10 / Test with Maxthon Portable?

I apologise if this comes across a little blunt, but there have been a number of posts in the past where issues were ultimately solved by following that list. The only reason issues weren't resolved earlier was because users took it upon themselves to disregard certain points (like disable ALL extensions) meaning doing that test becomes pointless.

If anyone else can check the site in question : http://www.mojgrad.rs/Krusevac/vremenska-prognoza

Works fine for me, no issues with loading/pausing.

You can try adding the following filters to ABP to see if some of the ads & scripts that aren't removed by ABP are causing the pause:

Click the ABP icon > Custom Filters, then paste following 3 lines

*.js$domain=mojgrad.rs
mojgrad.rs##div.view
mojgrad.rs##div#div-thumb-mk-promo

And just to confirm, that was a new copy of MaxthonPortable? No user settings from previously added?

works fine here too 

I followed your advice and I insert the script and it still freezes  .

I save this page and i using it for test. And i saw thet on other pages(zynga poker,facebook,e.t.c)

When i start the pages for first time it's freezed, and second time it's ok

when i restart a computer a problem again is there
And i saw thet on other pages.
i trying hard  to descript you a problem, to help you to fix it .

That page works perfectly for me also.  Pop-out closed without a problem and all the hovers worked as well. 

"I save this page and i using it for test. And i saw thet on other pages(zynga poker,facebook,e.t.c) "

I also chrome and mozilla same site and there is no problem

Read and from the beginning of what I wrote if you want to help  :(

You mean. If only special configurations can use Maxthon
I get the impression that I'm wasting my time to show you the problem

I LOVE MAXTHON TOOOO  

:) 

We are trying to help, but there is something missing and we are trying to find out what it is.  3 of us don't have any problem at all on that page you are showing us, so there is something in your configuration that is causing the problem.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

I also chrome and mozilla same site and there is no problem

Good to know, but repeating it isn't going to fix the problem. It does confirm that it's somehow related to Maxthon or it's settings on your system.

You mean. If only special configurations can use Maxthon

Not sure what you're getting at with that?

I get the impression that I'm wasting my time to show you the problem

It seems that you think that we are holding back on a solution. I can't see why this would be - that doesn't help you, us or Maxthon. The fact that I had to search to find the site in question based on a low quality video surely shows that we are trying to help... we could have just waited till you decided to post a link.

If there was a simple fix then it would have been given. So far out of all the people posting in this thread, only you have the problem. This means it's more than likely NOT a Maxthon issue, but something on your system or Maxthon settings. As we don't have access to that we can only offer suggestions to test. Given it's almost impossible to fix an unknown problem without being able to recreate it yourself, a little bit of testing is going to have to happen.

Outside of it being an ad or javascript issue, i'm running out of options off the top of my head. Will need to sleep on it for other options.

But thank you for the videos, at least it shows what is being done.

Good to know, but repeating it isn't going to fix the problem. It does confirm that it's somehow related to Maxthon or it's settings on your system.

Not sure what you're getting at with that?

It seems that you think that we are holding back on a solution. I can't see why this would be - that doesn't help you, us or Maxthon. The fact that I had to search to find the site in question based on a low quality video surely shows that we are trying to help... we could have just waited till you decided to post a link.

If there was a simple fix then it would have been given. So far out of all the people posting in this thread, only you have the problem. This means it's more than likely NOT a Maxthon issue, but something on your system or Maxthon settings. As we don't have access to that we can only offer suggestions to test. Given it's almost impossible to fix an unknown problem without being able to recreate it yourself, a little bit of testing is going to have to happen.

Outside of it being an ad or javascript issue, i'm running out of options off the top of my head. Will need to sleep on it for other options.

But thank you for the videos, at least it shows what is being done.

We just have a good excuse, and have not done anything.

We just have a good excuse, and have not done anything.

as 7twenty said, it's hard to find what's wrong since we can't reproduce the issue though we tried and our guesses are void

but you can't say nothing is done 

unfortunately we're not omniscient... :(

what is you user agent ? is it the default one ?

sigmax2.png

I don't have any issue with Y!mail, but I think you can try some workaround below.

From Maxthon side.

• Disable extension, especially ABP, userscript extension (Grease Monkey etc), user stylesheet extension (Stylish etc).
  • Go to setting > Advanced > Uncheck Enable GPU hardware Acceleration.
  • Go to setting > Advanced > Uncheck allow all site to run plugins.
  • You can switch to Retro mode.
  • Sometimes editing user agent can help a bit (some site requires a minimum browser engine string on user agent, eg Gmail requires the latest Chromium core string on user agent etc)

If all workaround from Maxthon side has failed, then try from Y!Mail side.

Try to switch back from the new Y!Mail into Y!Mail basic. Sometimes new Y!Mail seem slow, laggy and often totally unresponsive on some PC. You have to wait all of the contents of the page to be fully loaded.

To switch into Y!Mail basic from mail settings, go to this article.
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/switch-featured-version-yahoo-mail-sln15090.html

Manual switch to Y!Mail basic.

If still unresponsive (laggy, hangs, freeze etc).

Archived