character issue on some pages (exemple with Deezer)

Hi,

I experience character issue with Maxthon when displaying some pages.

I have done the same test with different computer, running latest version of Maxthon (I'm writing this from Maxthon 4.4.6.1000).

I have also tried to change character encoding, but without any success.

I have also tried to change Maxthon user-agent, but no result.

If my memories is good, it was working fine with older Maxthon release, perhaps 1 or 2 years ago.

Here is an exemple with Deezer, but it randomly occurs on other sites, depending of something I don't know.

Dezzer player correctly displayed in Internet Explorer :

deezer_IE.jpg

Wrong character are displayed in Maxthon (but it player works fine) :

deezer_maxthon.jpg

Does anybody has an idea of the problem ?

Thomas.

Hi,

I experience character issue with Maxthon when displaying some pages.

I have done the same test with different computer, running latest version of Maxthon (I'm writing this from Maxthon 4.4.6.1000).

I have also tried to change character encoding, but without any success.

I have also tried to change Maxthon user-agent, but no result.

If my memories is good, it was working fine with older Maxthon release, perhaps 1 or 2 years ago.

Here is an exemple with Deezer, but it randomly occurs on other sites, depending of something I don't know.

Dezzer player correctly displayed in Internet Explorer :

deezer_IE.jpg

Wrong character are displayed in Maxthon (but it player works fine) :

deezer_maxthon.jpg

Does anybody has an idea of the problem ?

Thomas.

Well, it's not available here in the US, but the main page displays just fine.  Can you re-upload your images, they are not showing properly.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Well, it's not available here in the US, but the main page displays just fine.  Can you re-upload your images, they are not showing properly.

Choose the last option in the language drop down, all boxes. Should be some asian language not sure which though. As above, it works fine in Retro.

waow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no, I though I had never changed this, and after verification it was on "Arial", that's seems to be good for me.

but I tried to click on "reset setting"... it changed to "default font"... and then the magic made it working !!!

thanks for your advice !

and do tue the settings synchronisation, I experienced the same "bug" on all my computers running Maxthon, making me think it was an issue on the software.

that's fine, Maxthon can stay my favorite brower :)

Archived