noWindowControl - option doesn't work?

7twenty

Just updated to Windows 10 and trying to get Maxthon to use the native window control buttons.

This option makes me think I can just enable it and it disregard any settings in the skin file relating to what it has set. But there are two issues.

1/ if I set the option to 0 or 1 nothing happens. The standard Maxthon buttons return, or the buttons in the skin are enabled.

2/ if i remove all the images etc for the control buttons then I get the standard Maxthon buttons

3/ the skins i've checked have the option listed as noWindowControl, but the documentation states that it should be noWindowControls. Which is correct?

Am I misreading this option?

Hopefully MX gets updated soon so we get a version that looks better in Win10.

Just updated to Windows 10 and trying to get Maxthon to use the native window control buttons.

This option makes me think I can just enable it and it disregard any settings in the skin file relating to what it has set. But there are two issues.

1/ if I set the option to 0 or 1 nothing happens. The standard Maxthon buttons return, or the buttons in the skin are enabled.

2/ if i remove all the images etc for the control buttons then I get the standard Maxthon buttons

3/ the skins i've checked have the option listed as noWindowControl, but the documentation states that it should be noWindowControls. Which is correct?

Am I misreading this option?

Hopefully MX gets updated soon so we get a version that looks better in Win10.

I had ui.dat from 4.4.6.1000 unpacked and it has noWindowControl=1.

I think you may be misreading.  Note it is Windows 10 and noWindowControl not noWindowsControl.

It seems to be just an internal option in Maxthon between default or skin window controls.

I had ui.dat from 4.4.6.1000 unpacked and it has noWindowControl=1.

As I found in the few skins I checked, including ui.dat. But from the official documentation v1.1.17 it states:

// Hide the Window Control Buttons

// Optional.
// Use this option to remove the Minimize/Maximize/Close buttons.
// Possible Values: 0 (default) or 1
noWindowControls = 0

As you can see with an 's'.

But the point is, neither option works at least in my testing? So is toggle wrong or am I doing something wrong?

I think you may be misreading.  Note it is Windows 10 and noWindowControl not noWindowsControl.

Given the above I don't think I am. Would be nice to get some clarification and have that adjusted in the official documentation if it is indeed wrong.