Audio stutters/lags

Sabus

So, when i started using maxthon i was on Windows 7, in time a problem occurred : on every sound on maxthon, even the facebook notification sound, audio stutters. It was annoying but i got used to it because it happened rarely, now with Windows 10 it became insupportable.

This is the original clip https://youtu.be/iSpOzYhhi7k?t=57s

And here is my audio 

Oh and i don't have a weak pc, i got a 2.5 ghz i5, 4 gb ram and a 2gb Vram video card. I love maxthon and i think is the best browser atm but this problem is bothering me so much.

So, when i started using maxthon i was on Windows 7, in time a problem occurred : on every sound on maxthon, even the facebook notification sound, audio stutters. It was annoying but i got used to it because it happened rarely, now with Windows 10 it became insupportable.

do you encounter this issue in maxthon only ? did you test with another browser ?

could it be a driver issue ?

you may read to this thread to see if it helps : http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php/topic/13264-maxthon-troubleshooting-tips-and-tricks/

sigmax2.png

Run task manager and keep an eye on your disk usage and CPU and see if they max out at all. If either does then have a look at what program is causing it. Hopefully you'll find something that is causing the problem.

Also check the link that -ody- posted. Could just be something like an extension causing an issue.

I checked the processor and the disk usage, they go around ~20% i will try with the extensions and on other browsers works fine, i tried on Opera and Firefox. I disabled all the extensions, performed a clean install and still the same problem, i will try to find out, thank you for your help and your time, maxthon got a great community and is a great browser.

// encountered a lag spike in both processor and disk, maxthon is the cause, i will reinstall my windows and hope for the best

I reinstalled Windows 7, the problem still there, updated to Windows 10, still there. Any idea? I reinstalled my sound card driver even got the factory one, still no change. Oh, i forgot to mention this happens only with the html5 videos, mostly on youtube elsewhere it happens like really really rare.
Firefox for example works fine but it's way slower and got less features so yea, I don't want to change from maxthon but i got this problem.

Hi,

Thanks for your question.

Really sorry for your inconvenience.

Are you referring to slow speed of the video or the bad quality such as noise of the video?

Here on our side, it has a normal speed.

We tested with Maxthon and Chrome.

No apparent noise neither. 

Would you please provide us more details?

Feel free to contact us if any problems persists.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I have the same issue for a few months. Stutter effects the whole video. Rarely it disappears after a few seconds. I sometimes change to Retro engine to fix problem. Windows 10 may be the problem. Not sure and still making research. Getting crazy about this. I saw some Firefox and Chrome users had this problem too but they have the solution by editing some advanced settings. We have not. Any developments?

52 minutes ago, Emreskopi said:

I have the same issue for a few months. Stutter effects the whole video. Rarely it disappears after a few seconds. I sometimes change to Retro engine to fix problem. Windows 10 may be the problem. Not sure and still making research. Getting crazy about this. I saw some Firefox and Chrome users had this problem too but they have the solution by editing some advanced settings. We have not. Any developments?

Flash or html5?

If flash try updating as described in other threads in the forum.

• 3 weeks later...

It didn't matter flash or html5. I tried updating flash too. Last week I solved the issue. Came here to report it. Thank you @PHYR
However they were up to date, onn my both computers (one in home, one in office) I did a clean install and problem solved. I guess the problem was about relation with Windows 10. Because this problem started with windows 10 upgrades.

Other users with the same issue, please try a "clean" install with the latest version.

Archived