Last session data

Just installed v 4.4.6.2000 portable over an earlier version and found that my previous session data was not shown, I only saw the unnecessary AdBlocker tab. 

On the next opening of MCB only the previous 1 session was showing.

It would be better if installing a new version maintained the historical session data and the brash adblocker tab was not shown.

Since posting this my  PC has frozen a couple of times so I have gone back to 4.4.6.1000 and my last session data displayed correctly.

If I get no further freezes I will post again as this would suggest that 4.4.6.2000 is problematic on my setup.

I do have a couple of crash dumps  but one is CRASH_INFO only.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Really sorry for your inconvenience.

Our portable version do not support last session.

Since our last session data are saved in different folder in portable version and official version.

You can press %appdata% , copy the user data to your current version.And then you may find it.

Here you can find our last session data by downloading our latest official version.

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php/forum/57-maxthon-official-releases-and-betas/

I hope this would help you.Many thanks.

Just installed v 4.4.6.2000 portable over an earlier version and found that my previous session data was not shown

Never had an issue with importing previous userdata like that. I always make a backup of the portable userdata folder, delete the old version, extract the new version, then copy back the userdata folder.

Apart from once or twice when there may have been major changes to config files or otherwise, from my experience Last Session is always available on new versions so long as the files are restored.

Archived