.jpg images displaying fully sized without option to zoom out

Not sure if anyone has encountered this issue, but this began happening about a week ago.

Basically whenever I open a .jpg image in a new tab, the image opens in full resolution, fully zoomed in, without any option to 'click' and zoom out. This is particularly annoying with images of large sizes as it becomes impossible to even view the image.

This does not happen with .png or other image file types. Anyone know how to fix this?

Not sure if anyone has encountered this issue, but this began happening about a week ago.

Basically whenever I open a .jpg image in a new tab, the image opens in full resolution, fully zoomed in, without any option to 'click' and zoom out. This is particularly annoying with images of large sizes as it becomes impossible to even view the image.

This does not happen with .png or other image file types. Anyone know how to fix this?

Is this on images from one particular site or from all sites?  If from one particular site, can you give us a link please?

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Well I notice it mostly when I browse Reddit. (Which in itself basically links another page) Here is an example Reddit page with many images.

For instance, this image appears as I described in the OP as fully sized, non-zoomable: Example

On the Imgur page it appears fine: Example. When I click the image it goes to the above link but is zoomable. However, when I instead drag the image on the imgur page to a new tab, it looks like the image below.

It's tough to see, but this is how it looks from my perspective on my screen right as I load the page:

(You can't see the mouse but it is not zoomable.)

2oFAHgk.png

This doesn't happen in other browsers and wasn't happening before.

edit: Now that I check, I see that this is a problem with Imgur photos. For instance, this .jpg photo works fine: Example

Well I notice it mostly when I browse Reddit. (Which in itself basically links another page) Here is an example Reddit page with many images.

For instance, this image appears as I described in the OP as fully sized, non-zoomable: Example

On the Imgur page it appears fine: Example. When I click the image it goes to the above link but is zoomable. However, when I instead drag the image on the imgur page to a new tab, it looks like the image below.

It's tough to see, but this is how it looks from my perspective on my screen right as I load the page:

(You can't see the mouse but it is not zoomable.)

2oFAHgk.png

This doesn't happen in other browsers and wasn't happening before.

edit: Now that I check, I see that this is a problem with Imgur photos. For instance, this .jpg photo works fine: Example

Have no problem with zoom controls on any of the links you have posted.  I'm on Windows 10 and on an internal version of Maxthon, 4.4.7.200.  Maybe wait for the final release and try again.  What version of Maxthon are you running please?

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Have no problem with zoom controls on any of the links you have posted.  I'm on Windows 10 and on an internal version of Maxthon, 4.4.7.200.  Maybe wait for the final release and try again.  What version of Maxthon are you running please?

I'm on Windows 8, running v4.4.6.1000.

I still have this problem, like with this link.

On my browser it just appears like this with no zoom controls:

Va7MWUx.png

Edit: Well this is rather odd. When I clicked the link above in this post, the image appears fine and normal, with the zoom controls. Unlike when I click it from reddit.

Can anyone try clicking the image from this link and seeing what happens?

I'm on Windows 8, running v4.4.6.1000.

I still have this problem, like with this link.

On my browser it just appears like this with no zoom controls:

Va7MWUx.png

Edit: Well this is rather odd. When I clicked the link above in this post, the image appears fine and normal, with the zoom controls. Unlike when I click it from reddit.

Can anyone try clicking the image from this link and seeing what happens?

As you can see in this screen shot, the zoom control is definitely there.  Did you try the suggestions made by -ody- above?

post-3815-0-87974400-1437503670_thumb.jp

I disabled ABP and all extensions this morning and it doesn't resolve the issue unfortunately.

Is there a beta version for Windows available somewhere?

Unfortunately, the Beta version we are using is not yet available to the general user.  Give it a few days to see if it gets posted.

I really wish people would read the troubleshooting thread...

#3 is try using retro mode, which at that point the OP should've noticed, or at least changed to Ultra and it would've fixed the issue. 9 days of stuffing about and waiting when 30seconds of reading would've resolved it on day1.

Let that be a lesson to anyone else...

I really wish people would read the troubleshooting thread...

#3 is try using retro mode, which at that point the OP should've noticed, or at least changed to Ultra and it would've fixed the issue. 9 days of stuffing about and waiting when 30seconds of reading would've resolved it on day1.

Let that be a lesson to anyone else...

And where exactly did you mention to the OP to try the "troubleshooting thread"?  OP is a new user and probably had no idea there ever was such a thread.  Yes, I know, it's a shame that 2 Vice-Admins and one Global Mod missed the glaringly obvious, but, we're all human.

And where exactly did you mention to the OP to try the "troubleshooting thread"?  OP is a new user and probably had no idea there ever was such a thread.  Yes, I know, it's a shame that 2 Vice-Admins and one Global Mod missed the glaringly obvious, but, we're all human.

we missed it because the screen capture that shows the retro mode icon is in post  #7.....

thanks to SWFlash0 who noticed it

sigmax2.png

Yes, we are all human, and I didn't post in this thread as you can plainly see which is my bad. Would've been nice if others (not just mods) used it more. In the end i'm just pointing out how and why the troubleshooting list works.

Would be a nice if there was a way that the thread is shown to a user before a post is made, or like an auto-reply. "Have you tried this yet? If not, follow the steps and if you're still having issues post again" sort of thing.

Archived