How can I modify MagicFill2.dat?

Since there's yet no way to change the order of entries in Magic Fill (as can be done with the list of search engines in about:config) I was wondering if anyone knows how you can manually edit the data file (MagicFill2.dat) for the purpose of rearranging the order of listed items. If the file is encrypted, being that this is my PC and my file, I'd like a way to decrypt the contents or disable the encryption altogether. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, Tony. I was afraid there'd be no straight-through way to fix that mess. But it did make me think about alternative solutions...

What I ended up doing for now is install Maxthon version 4.4.5.1000 temporarily. That version is the last one that re-arranges the Magic Fill entries, putting the last used account as the first listed account when I double-click the email field in the Gmail sign-in page. Once I got the list organized somewhat the way I want it, I upgraded back to Maxthon 4.4.6.2000 which has a static order of entries... Hopefully the developers will fix this reported bug, despite their lack of any serious attempt to look into the problem thus far...

Hi,

Thanks for your question. Magic fill in Maxthon browser rank as 1 the simliarity of URI

2 latest logging of account under same URI 

We do not have the function as you mentioned.

I have talked to our product department about your requirement.

Hi,

Thanks for your question. Magic fill in Maxthon browser rank as 1 the simliarity of URI

We do not have the function as you mentioned.

I have talked to our product department about your requirement.

Sorry that they have no plan on this.

@BugMiss006:  Can you ask the devs if they could provide a popup menu when the #1 check finds more than one of the same URL, so the user can choose which entry to follow.  This would solve problems with logging into different accounts located at the same URL within Maxthon itself.  I have this problem and have to use different browsers to log into the two accounts.

It would probably eliminate the need for re-ordering MagicFill entries which was requested.

<<SL>>

Can you ask the devs if they could provide a popup menu when the #1 check finds more than one of the same URL, so the user can choose which entry to follow. 

This can already be done. For example, if you go to https://www.paypal.com/signin and you double-click on either the email or password box on the sign-in web page, Magic Fill will show a drop down menu like the one below my response to BugMiss006.

That's the bug I've been reporting, BugMiss006. Maxthon v4.4.6.2000 (and a few previous builds) does not show the latest account logged in under the same URL on the top of the list... In other words it does not auto-fill the last-used username/password for that website.

post-487473-0-37245500-1436986519_thumb.

Look at my attached image. For example, even after I log-in to PayPal under my store@*.* account, then the next time I want to log-in, it does not put the store@*.* account on top. It always has Jacob@*.* as the first account listed which is also the account it auto-fills if I don't double-click on the email or password fields. This problem does not exist in version 4.4.5.1000. If I use v4.4.5.1000 and I log-in with store@*.*, then the next time I go to PayPal it auto-fills the email+password for the store@*.* account as it should.

Hopefully I've clarified the bug so you can finally confirm its existence and spray it with something too strong for humans to breath.  :D

This can already be done. For example, if you go to https://www.paypal.com/signin/and you double-click on either the email or password box, Magic Fill will show a drop down menu like the one below my response to BugMiss006.

That's the bug I've been reporting, BugMiss006. Maxthon v4.4.6.2000 (and a few previous builds) does not show the latest account logged in under the same URI on the top of the list...

attachicon.gifStatic Magic Fill drop down menu 2015-07-15_14-29-33.png

Look at my attached image. For example, even after I log-in to PayPal under my "store@" account, then the next time I want to log-in, it does not put the store@ account on top. It always has Jacob@ as the first account listed which is also the account it auto-fills before I double-click on the email or password fields. This problem does not exist in version 4.4.5.1000. If I use v4.4.5.1000 and I log-in with store@, then the next time I go to PayPal it auto-fills the email+password for the store@ account as it should.

Hopefully I've clarified the bug so you can finally confirm its existence and spray it with something too strong for humans to breath.  :D

I am having the reverse of Fatman's experience though my result is the same, the wrong username/password auto-fill.  In my case, I have two accounts.  The one I want is first in the list for that URL.  But the one that auto-fills is always the second one.  The result is I have to manually enter the username/password every time.

I nnot trying to see the entries re-ordered; I just want the right (and last-used) entry used after one use. 

In my case, I have two accounts.  The one I want is first in the list for that URL.  But the one that auto-fills is always the second one.

That's probably a different issue. When such conflicts occurred for me in the past, it was usually because I had multiple Magic Fill entries for the same website, with slightly differing detected-URLs. I'd suggest you go over the list of Magic Fill entries and delete all entries related to that problematic site. Then the next time you go to the site make sure you go through the same sign-in URL always. For example, for me I have a URL Alias "pp" that goes directly to https://www.paypal.com/signin  because if you go to the main PayPal site it may take a slightly different route at times for the sign-in form, as well as when you sign-out and then sometimes you see a different sign-in URL (or form) that shows right after signing out. So I just type "pp<enter>" and voilà.

On second thought, we may be talking about two different things. When you said "first in the list for that URL", are you talking about the list in Maxthon Settings | Magic Fill Settings ? I'm not talking about that list. That list has messed up ordering which AFAIK never had anything to do with the entry Maxthon picks for Magic Fill auto-fill. In my case the about:config's Magic Fill list shows store@*.* first and then ron*.* and only then Jacob@*.*, but Magic Fill still always picks Jacob@*.* for auto-fill and always lists CS@*.* second when I double-click on the email or password fields in the PayPal sign-in web page.

[so maybe that explains a little bit this confusion of mine:] I'm still not sure why you'd ever need to manually enter a username/password if you can simply double-click on the password field of any sign-in web page and then select the correct account from the list of Magic Fill accounts that appear for that specific website...

But yes, in the end we're all just trying to get the the right (last-used) entry to show up and/or auto-fill. That's what I called "re-ordering", but that's just semantics.

[Edit: You can ignore all the above. I just read the other topic where you explained your problem. You're talking about htaccess protected pages which is a whole other beast! hehehe]

That's probably a different issue. When such conflicts occurred for me in the past, it was usually because I had multiple Magic Fill entries for the same website, with slightly differing detected-URLs. I'd suggest you go over the list of Magic Fill entries and delete all entries related to that problematic site. Then the next time you go to the site make sure you go through the same sign-in URL always. For example, for me I have a URL Alias "pp" that goes directly to https://www.paypal.com/signin  because if you go to the main PayPal site it may take a slightly different route at times for the sign-in form, as well as when you sign-out and then sometimes you see a different sign-in URL (or form) that shows right after signing out. So I just type "pp<enter>" and voilà.

On second thought, we may be talking about two different things. When you said "first in the list for that URL", are you talking about the list in Maxthon Settings | Magic Fill Settings ? I'm not talking about that list. That list has messed up ordering which AFAIK never had anything to do with the entry Maxthon picks for Magic Fill auto-fill. In my case the about:config's Magic Fill list shows store@*.* first and then ron*.* and only then Jacob@*.*, but Magic Fill still always picks Jacob@*.* for auto-fill and always lists CS@*.* second when I double-click on the email or password fields in the PayPal sign-in web page.

[so maybe that explains a little bit this confusion of mine:] I'm still not sure why you'd ever need to manually enter a username/password if you can simply double-click on the password field of any sign-in web page and then select the correct account from the list of Magic Fill accounts that appear for that specific website...

But yes, in the end we're all just trying to get the the right (last-used) entry to show up and/or auto-fill. That's what I called "re-ordering", but that's just semantics.

[Edit: You can ignore all the above. I just read the other topic where you explained your problem. You're talking about htaccess protected pages which is a whole other beast! hehehe]

Well I have several points:

1.  Yes, I was referring to the about:config MagicFill listing of sites.  It shows two sites with IDENTICAL ftp:// URLs.  The fist in the whole list is the entry I want to fill.  But the second entry always fills.

2.  Double-clicking on the form fields does nothing.  No popup list at all.  It is the same whether the field is filled or I have erased it.  And the login form appears already filled in, so there's no time to double-click before the fields are filled..

3.  As I noted this site is an FTP site, not an html webpage, accessed with the ftp:// protocol.

The last point is a significant difference from your problem.  The only solutions I've found are to use different browsers (Mx4 and Nitro) or use one normal window in Mx4 for one account and a private window for the other account.  

EDIT: OK, I see you found the other discussion.  

3.  As I noted this site is an FTP site, not an html webpage, accessed with the ftp:// protocol.

That's yet another entirely different species than htaccess protected pages! Try, though I very much doubt it'll work:

ftp://user:password@server.com-or-IP

But I'd never use a browser for FTP. FileZilla for me is a must whenever dealing with (secure) ftp.

Hi guys,

Really sorry for your inconvenience. 

1 Here in about:configure page. We have neither a drop-down list or a pop-up window. It is just a recording page.We can not manage on this page.

2 As you mentioned pop-up window in FTP. That works different from that HTTP.Thus, magic fill can not be applied in it currently. 

3 For normal page, facebook account works fine on my side.So as my Chinese account. Maybe you can uncheck the option of keep me logged in and then double click to chose the account you want to log in.

I hope this could help you.Many thanks.

post-175194-0-43304400-1437019112_thumb.

post-175194-0-72982700-1437019121.png

Hi,

Thanks for your question.

The drop-down list ranks in order of the latest successful saved magic fill account.

I do not quite sure when you signed your account of store. 

As I can see from the screenshot you provide,

Jacob is the latest successful saved magic fill account.

If you want store to be the first one option in your drop-down list,

I suggest you can delete your account in magic fill and log in to try again.

Many thanks.

Archived