Background Flash Player (Android)

The ability to play flash content in the background (in a background tab, while maxthon is minimized, or while the screen is off) seems to no longer work in new android releases.  It used to be the case that you could start playing flash content, then open up a new browser tab and the flash content would continue playing.  You could then keep browsing in other tabs, or use other apps, or even turn off the screen and the flash content would keep playing.  Maxthon was the only android browser I could find with this functionality and it’s why I chose to use it!

After updating to newer versions this feature no longer works.  When I revert my phone back to maxthon release 4.1.4.2000 the background flash does indeed work again.  My phone is a Sony Xperia ZR c5502

Hopefully this can be of some help: I was able to go to YouTube.Com and play video on the latest downloadable release from the play store. Once I made a new tab, it stopped playing however. In a previous release between 4.1.4.2000 and the most recent, video and music would continue to play when they were in background tabs, but once maxthon was minimized for another app they would stop playing. So it seems that the ability to fully play flash content in the background has been deteriorating over more than one release.

Archived