Magic Fill no longer sorting matches by last used password

Using latest Maxthon for Windows v4.4.6.1000

This bug occurs with websites for which you've used Magic Fill to store multiple username/password sets for each individual website (you have different accounts there, like PayPal, etc).

In previous builds, whenever I double-clicked on a username/password field, then I'd see a list of matching accounts in a drop down menu, and I would always see the most recently-used password at the top of the list (first item listed). The second-most-recent password used was listed as the second item on that Magic Fill drop-down list. It was highly convenient this way.

Now on the more recent builds of Maxthon for Windows, specifically v4.4.6.1000, whenever you double-click on a username/password field you see a list which is static - it doesn't get resorted by most recently used password.

I hope this isn't an intentional change. But if it is, I hope they'd be a checkbox or some ini-hack to change the behavior back. To clarify: I never actually click on the Magic Fill button - I actually find it redundant so I completely hid it from my screen. I simply let the Magic happen on its own whenever it encounters a recognized log-in screen.

Hi,

Thanks for your question.

Magic fill function is a form like what it is now.

It has not been changed as you mentioned.

And I have discuss with our product department about this.

They have no plans on modifying this.

I hope this could help you.

Many thanks.

Thanks for talking to the devs about this, BugMiss006. They're still wrong, of course, since the behavior of Magic Fill has changed from a dynamic sorting of the entries to a static list. When I get a chance I'll take some screenshots to further explain/demonstrate the issue with the different builds. But even if you choose a static ordering for the Magic Fill entries, why is it showing a completely random order? It's not alphabetized, it's not last-added-entry-first/last, it's just a random mess... At least give the users the option to drag and drop Magic Fill entries in about:config to manually organize them in some sensible manner!

Archived