My Magic fill is always empty

You need to save site login details for them to show up.

When you have a form filled in, right click on one of the forms (eg name) and select "Save form". I'm not sure if Maxthon pops up a request to save a new login to magiic fill. Someone might be able to offer some info on that.

Hi 

Yes I have carried out the Save forms.In fact this works fine on my other pc but only this maxthon installation I find the magic fill missing in action.

to the other questions:

< Do you have a maxthon passport> , how do I see that  ?

< Have you save your google accounts in magic fill> , yes (mentioned above)

<Have you  make sure that Magick fill is enabled> if its the radio button option (from the attached jpg), yes, I set it to auto. but when I come back, the choice is always gone.

did I answer most of the posed queries ?

Passport account with an email login like this below

Your problem is only with Google account or other login/password for any site are not stocked?

no , I do have the passport a/c. but that should not matter because my ''other'' maxthon installations are too without passports but they work.

the funny thing is that google passwords have been stacked up properly  ( see image) , but as you can see it's all gmail and gmail & gmail

I want to give different names so that I can distinguish which account are for which purposes, but to do that I need to access these sites in Magic fill, and then back to square 1, my magic fill is always empty.

thats my issue, I have passwords stacked up , but to label them I need Magic fill to show something.

was I a bit clear here ?

Thanks

post-484933-0-68038500-1434627352_thumb.

With several Maxthon installations, Passport is better! :wink:

But you can also copy your MagicFill2.dat file between installations. It is in folder %APPDATA%\Maxthon3\Users\guest\MagicFill.

Hi thanks, but the other maxthon installations are on different physical machines. so there's only 1 Maxthon installation on 1 Pc ( just a 1 on 1 here)

Your suggestions seems nice and I have tried it right now.

situation is that I can see the different gmail a/c  ( as is on a working scenario) . Thats what I needed

my shortcuts and all are also intact in the 'wrong' environment. thats fine then.

it seems that the *.dat file on the  'wrong' environment may have been corrupt ?

..but since this workaround works ...I guess I can say a close to this issue. :)  :top:

Thanks 

*PS:  on a side quest : why did you say a passport is better ( on 1 on 1 scenario) I mean what added functionality would a passport give me ?

*PS:  on a side quest : why did you say a passport is better ( on 1 on 1 scenario) I mean what added functionality would a passport give me ?

It depends on the situation. If you use one version for work and another for home, then there might not be much overlap. But if you want and do use the same config/favourites everywhere then a passport account will just make things easier as all installs of the browser will be synced. No need for manually entering favourite sites or setting up the UI as you like.

With several Maxthon installations, Passport is better! :wink:

But you can also copy your MagicFill2.dat file between installations. It is in folder %APPDATA%\Maxthon3\Users\guest\MagicFill.

I was assuming that much, unfortunately I always get an error code 26-3: "database corrupted or encrypted" and the only option available is to rebuild/restore it when logging back in my passport. 

Any input will be more than welcome :)

I was assuming that much, unfortunately I always get an error code 26-3: "database corrupted or encrypted" and the only option available is to rebuild/restore it when logging back in my passport. 

Any input will be more than welcome :)

What are you copying? To my knowledge you can copy guest account data between installs, but you can't do the same with Passport to Passport, Guest to Passport, or Passport to Guest.

I see. Since it worked fine wiith others .dat files (history and such) from a guest account to a passport account. I assumed it'd be fine with the magicfill2.dat as well. 

OK so any workaround then? We have about 6 years of passwords in that guest account, I'd really hate to have to save them again one by one into the Passport profile. 

Thanks for the info, in any case.

As i said, to my knowledge, so it may not be 100% I don't use a passport so only rarely play around with it in cases like this. I'm actually surprised it works with history etc, as well, as all other posts seem to indicate that the cloud data is always seen as the most recent and updates any local updates that are changed when not online.

Regarding importing MagicFill data you can use the import from guest account option in Main Menu > Tools. To ensure that no other data is imported you could delete all other data (assuming MX doesn't baulk at this).

Of course keep backups of all your data to ensure you can go back should things not go to plan.

I'm beginning to think there are more drawbacks in using Passport, since you can't move data files from a profile to another. Well at least not the magicfill2.dat.

I'll look into the import tool though and see if I can work with that.

Thanks a lot for the quick answer and the useful info!

I'm beginning to think there are more drawbacks in using Passport, since you can't move data files from a profile to another. Well at least not the magicfill2.dat.

The drawbacks are outweighed by the security implemented to keep that data safe. I'm sure that you'd rather keep your data (esp. password etc) safe, over the ability to transfer it which is what passport does anyway.

If you want the same data in multiple places then passport is the best solution. But if for some reason you want to mix/match data from different installs then guest accounts is the only way, and even then it probably has its drawbacks.

Archived