A few things

Hello.I have realized a few issues.Here are the things :

1-Facebook smiley like " :)" dont show up.Instead a square is showing up.

2-When you click on inspect elemens on a page and go to resources/images.Then right click on the image link on the right panel.There is a Chinese word there.What is it?See the attached file as an example.

3-When I play a video in the following site,the video bar blinks during the playback.For example play the folowing video in full screen mode and see the bar at the bottom:

http://dizimag.co/the-walking-dead/5-sezon-3-bolum-izle-dizi.html

BR

which version of maxthon do you use ?

With latest version in ultra, I don't encounter none of the above issues 

1 ) :) shows a smile on fb

2) I can't find the chinese character in resources/image, maybe I don't look at the right place (you probably forgot to attach the file !  :wink: missed the right click ! got the bug too

3) and the video bar does not flicker in full screen

maybe someone else can confirm this ?

sigmax2.png

which version of maxthon do you use ?

With latest version in ultra, I don't encounter none of the above issues 

1 )  shows a smile on fb

2) I can't find the chinese character in resources/image, maybe I don't look at the right place (you probably forgot to attach the file !  :wink:

3) and the video bar does not flicker in full screen

maybe someone else can confirm this ?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Now I have edited the post with the images attached :)

I'm using the final version (v4.4.5.3000)

With internet explorer I can see the smiley etc.But with the maxthon the smiley shows as a square symbol

BR

Thanks for the quick reply.

Now I have edited the post with the images attached :)

I'm using the final version (v4.4.5.3000)

With internet explorer I can see the smiley etc.But with the maxthon the smiley shows as a square symbol

BR

I also don't have the problem with the smiley on Facebook.  

I show the Chinese in Right click on the link using Dev. Tools.

Can confirm the flickering when playing the video in full screen.  Looks like it might have something to do with the Sub-Titles.

The "Just Testing" is my screen shot of Facebook.

post-3815-0-65430700-1434318905.png

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Hi,

Thanks for your question. 

1 Smiley works fine on my side.

2  It is translated in our latest version 3000 as you can see in attachment.

I hope this could help you.

Hi bugmiss,

Thanks for your message.

1- For the chinese characters bug,please right click on an image url,like the one that I show in the first post.(Not the way you did.)

2-For facebook smiley,please try this:

Hi, I am also seeing a square.

After some tests it appears that it is related to the default font used by Maxthon. When replacing it by "Segoe UI Symbol" the smiley is displayed properly. This can probably also work with other fonts but I did not test it.

As a temporary fix, you could try changing the default font in the Maxthon Settings as depicted in this screenshot.

attachicon.giffont_change.png

That's odd because mine is still set to use the "Default Font" in Maxthon and the Smiley still displays just fine.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Hi, I am also seeing a square.

After some tests it appears that it is related to the default font used by Maxthon. When replacing it by "Segoe UI Symbol" the smiley is displayed properly. This can probably also work with other fonts but I did not test it.

As a temporary fix, you could try changing the default font in the Maxthon Settings as depicted in this screenshot.

attachicon.giffont_change.png

Yes you are right.Changing fonts correct this issue.Thanks!

So,lets say the "bugs" no 1 has been solved temporarily and no 2 is related with translation which will be easy to solve if a developer focuses on it.

That leaves us the issue no 3:

3- video flickering in full screen mode. 

I've put three examples in the first post.Can you see them?

Yes, I was only referring to Post #10 about the Smiley on Facebook.  As I stated in my original Reply I don't have a problem with your #1, but with both #2 and #3 I see what you see.

I've put three examples in the first post.Can you see them?

Can't see them here either, but worked fine on Facebook.  While changing the default font might work, it also screws up most sites as it seems that MX forces the web page font setting. Unlike FF for example, which has the option to use the font requested by the page. Something else for the MX devs to add to the TO DO list.

Can't see them here either, but worked fine on Facebook.  While changing the default font might work, it also screws up most sites as it seems that MX forces the web page font setting. Unlike FF for example, which has the option to use the font requested by the page. Something else for the MX devs to add to the TO DO list.

well,actually I'm a bit disappointed about maxthon lately.I think the "to do list" is now very long and probably very few things are being worked on.

For example as you have mentioned in your earlier post,the context menu in developer tools was already known for about one year!So this topic will also be somewhere in the maxthon forum and I won't be waiting for it to be solved :(

Anyways,lets hope for the best.BR

• 4 weeks later...

So,lets say the "bugs" no 1 has been solved temporarily and no 2 is related with translation which will be easy to solve if a developer focuses on it.

That leaves us the issue no 3:

3- video flickering in full screen mode. 

For the 3rd issue, unfortunately Maxthon not support full hardware acceleration. If you type 'about:gpu' on the url bar, you'll be find this GPU info.

post-431500-0-63909700-1436751240.png

As long as Maxthon still forcing its users to use the software rendering on decode/encode video, full screen video will never renders smoothly. Full screen video will works better with full hardware acceleration support from integrated or discrete graphic card (eg, Intel HD or Nvidia, AMD etc).

Never use Maxthon to play full screen video, unless it has been fixed with full hardware acceleration support. Full screen video with software rendering on its encode/decode video will increasing your CPU usage only, not worth at all for performance and stability.

Are the developers look onto this topic?

Do they plan to work on this?At least in their queue list?

Well, it's related with webkit/blink core. I believe this issue has been marked to be resolved, but there is no guarantee if they will fix this issue in a short time.

For the 3rd issue, unfortunately Maxthon not support full hardware acceleration. If you type 'about:gpu' on the url bar, you'll be find this GPU info.

attachicon.gifGPU.png

As long as Maxthon still forcing its users to use the software rendering on decode/encode video, full screen video will never renders smoothly. Full screen video will works better with full hardware acceleration support from integrated or discrete graphic card (eg, Intel HD or Nvidia, AMD etc).

Never use Maxthon to play full screen video, unless it has been fixed with full hardware acceleration support. Full screen video with software rendering on its encode/decode video will increasing your CPU usage only, not worth at all for performance and stability.

Well, it's related with webkit/blink core. I believe this issue has been marked to be resolved, but there is no guarantee if they will fix this issue in a short time.

If it is related to hardware acceleration,you are right, Maxthon does not support :(

Its been maybe more than 2 years that many users have asked for it but no progress and also no info regarding it :(

Hi guys,

Thanks for your question. We have confirmed these 3 issues separately on developer tool, Cloudnote, and fast application. It seemed we have no plan to fix this currently. We will fix this ASAP.Please be patient. 

Thank you BugMiss,

nice to hear from you.I'm looking forward to hearing from you about the updates.

BR

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Thanks for your question. We have confirmed these 3 issues separately on developer tool, Cloudnote, and fast application. It seemed we have no plan to fix this currently. We will fix this ASAP.Please be patient. 

Hello BugMiss,

I's been more than 2 moths since this topic.

Any progress?

Regards

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived