Disable MX Games extension

This may have been addressed in anothere forum, such as extensions, but

I can't seem to permanently disable MX Games in the sidebar, no matter what

I do.  Can anyone help with this?  Thanks 

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Right click side bar> extension manager > delete MX games. May I ask what is the reason that you want to delete it?

because I never play and I don't want neither sidebar nor toolbar to be bloated with useless stuff

because some people use maxthon at work and their boss may not like to see games

sigmax2.png

1.) About you MxGame Icon etc. ( or if you remove ABP ), first stop all your Sync to Maxthon Passport, then hide your Sidebar and

make sure that in the Quick Tool bar (upper right corner) that MxGame is not show there (no marking in it).
Also remember to uncheck MxGames in extension manager, so all MxGames is turned totally OFF.

This Point 1.) is usually enough and no more needed, if not, go through Point 2.) to 4.)...

2.) Then on your PC, open a Folder or Control-panel, for you need to set your Folder settings, to see all Hidden Folder and Hidden Files, also set it to Show Filenames,
(always set the PC to Show Filenames = it's the best security setting you can use)
post-327978-0-88685100-1431365056_thumb.
When all this is set, close you MxBrowser, then it's this way to these folders >  C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Public\Addons
Also in this Folder > C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon\_AppData\Maxthon3\Public\Addons

3.) And remove mxplay.mxaddon and also mxplaySidebar.mxaddon manually. (this worked for me, and I'm on a Windows 7 64-bit)
Restart you PC so it remembers you new setting. After PC Restart open your MxBrowser and see that your MxGame is gone for good. (^^,)

4.) Last open your Sidebar and Logon to your Maxthon Passport and make a new and fresh Online Sync of your new settings, so it wont recover your MxGame again...

If you have try'ed the good Script from Oliver (or the deletemxplay.zip) and not Run it in the correct way, then it wont work correctly.
(that is if you PC's Operating System, is Vista, Win. 7 or Win. 8.1)
Every time you install a Program on your PC, or Run a Command file (or a *.bat file) you NEED to Right-Click on the file and use Run as a Admin...
(then it will run or install correctly every-time)

Hope this will help you a Bit more... (^^,)
Best Regards Ohke

1.) About you MxGame Icon etc., first stop all your Sync to Maxthon Passport, then hide your Sidebar and make sure that in the Quick Tool bar (upper right corner)

that MxGame is not show there (no marking in it).

Also remember to uncheck MxGames in extension manager, so all MxGames is turned totally OFF.

2.) Then on your PC, open a Folder or Control-panel, for you need to set your Folder settings, to see all Hidden Folder and Hidden Files, also set it to Show Filenames,

(always set the PC to Show Filenames = it's the best security setting you can use)

attachicon.gifShow Hidden Flies etc.png

When all this is set, close you MxBrowser, then it's this way to these folders >  C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Public\Addons

Also in this Folder > C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon\_AppData\Maxthon3\Public\Addons

3.) And remove mxplay.mxaddon and also mxplaySidebar.mxaddon manually. (this worked for me, and I'm on a Windows 7 64-bit)

Restart you PC so it remembers you new setting. After PC Restart open your MxBrowser and see that your MxGame is gone for good. (^^,)

4.) Last open your Sidebar and Logon to your Maxthon Passport and make a new and fresh Sync of your new settings, so it wont recover your MxGame again...

If you have try'ed the good Script from Oliver (or the deletemxplay.zip) and not Run it in the correct way, then it wont work correctly. (that is if you PC's Operating System, is Vista, Win. 7 or Win. 8.1)

Every time, you for example install a Program on your PC, or Run a Command file (or a *.bat file) you NEED to Right-Click on the file and use Run as a Admin... (then it will run correctly every-time)

Hope this will help you a Bit more... (^^,)

Best Regards Ohke

Thank you for your feedback.  My question is why would one need to go through all these steps just to permanently remove an extension??  I have been removing/uninstalling this extension from the extension manager.  One would expect extensions to be permanently removed once uninstalled.  I view this as a problem that I hope is corrected in a future version.

You have been removing / uninstalling this extension from the extension manager.

But the files will still be there for you on the PC, to turn MxGames on again, to on day you may want them back (it's a Mx Service). (^^,)

I never waste my time with Games, so I've always delete them manual, so the browser and PC space is free = more free system resources = and faster PC/Browser.

Look see here how it looks in my MxBrowser extension setting page.

post-327978-0-84391900-1431381823_thumb.

And if I want or need to make a very Clean Install, of any Program or Codec, the I always use Revo Uninstaller, because not all programs have an effectiv un-install.

Revo Uninstaller - Free or Pro, is just as good.  Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems, etc...

Revo uninstaller first uninstalls a program the normal way, it not only uninstall programs, it will look for left behind files/folders,

and also look for registry keys, left behind by those programs.
Revo Uninstaller also have another 8 handy and powerful tools to clean up your system.
Also very good for cleaning up in Codecs or Codec Packs, you may have installed, if a Player or a Program won't work correctly.

Best Regards Ohke

EDIT: 7twenty look here also • [WinPC Followup] Problems with latest 4.4.5.1200-beta version - General Discussion - Maxthon Community

You are right about that. If it's deleted using the delete option provided it shouldn't be coming back. I'd guess it's a settings sync issue and it's not saving the fact that you've deleted it. Weird.

Are you using a passport?

You are right about that. If it's deleted using the delete option provided it shouldn't be coming back. I'd guess it's a settings sync issue and it's not saving the fact that you've deleted it. Weird.

Are you using a passport?

just a guess I will test next update :

I think sync is working fine but
if it's unchecked but not deleted : it should remain unchecked after update
if deleted, hence no longer synchronized. update will reinstall it, and since default is "checked", it will show

sigmax2.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry to raise this issue yet again -- I have pursued all of the methods

on the discussion boards here to get rid of MX Games once and for all,

to no avail.  It seems to pop up again and again, sometimes both in the 

sidebar and at the top of the browser.  Seems a simple thing to just give

us a way to permanently do away with it?   Any help appreciated (I have already 

gone through the REGEDIT steps -- this seems to help briefly, or not at all)...

Thanks

Had the same issue before, but I got rid of it finally on the sidebar by doing this;

Make sure the sidebar is open> click on extension manager> look for the "MX Games" and click on delete.

As for the customize quick tools I think that's permanent unless they remove it.

Archived