Proxy enabled by default

This has been mentioned at least once before. I agree that it should default to No Proxy.

With that said, the default option is to use the IE proxy settings and if a user already has these set up, then there's a good chance that they would want them used in Maxthon. If they're not then no proxy is in use anyway. So in that respect it shouldn't affect a user at all, except that they won't have to adjust the MX settings to use the IE proxy if they do.

It'd be nice if it was set to OFF by default, but I don't think it will affect too many people if it isn't changed.

This has been mentioned at least once before. I agree that it should default to No Proxy.

With that said, the default option is to use the IE proxy settings and if a user already has these set up, then there's a good chance that they would want them used in Maxthon. If they're not then no proxy is in use anyway. So in that respect it shouldn't affect a user at all, except that they won't have to adjust the MX settings to use the IE proxy if they do.

It'd be nice if it was set to OFF by default, but I don't think it will affect too many people if it isn't changed.

Its been like that forever, so why all of a sudden is it an issue?

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Hi,

Thanks for your question. The default proxy is IE, which is as same as that in Chrome. That is a normal setting for users all over the world rather than Chinese. You can just feel free to use it. I hope this could help you. Have a nice day!

I agree, I don't see this as an issue either

sigmax2.png

I said "should", un-checking it has never worked.

Works here. Also if you set it to No Proxy it disappears... at least that's the way it's always worked for me.

Its been like that forever, so why all of a sudden is it an issue?

It's not all of a sudden, it's been mentioned at least twice that i recall. Not a huge issue, but given it's an advanced feature that many users probably don't use by default, it doesn't make sense that it's set the way it is. But seeing as Chrome does this also (maybe other browsers?), then maybe it can be seen as a common default.

Either way it's not a critical issue and my reasoning behind it seems to make sense to me. If it is ever changed I won't be complaining :-)

Ah, the proxy icon cannot be hidden if it is in use, i.e., if I'm using IE proxy settings it remains visible. If I disable proxy, then it can be hidden. I'm hoping this is what is happening for you too!

I long ago lost hope that it would be "fixed". Anyway, thanx for clearing that up!

Archived