Can no longer login to passport account with M2.

Have you tried to flip into Retro mode and then F5, this works better for my old XP.??  (And i think, that Mx. 2 is no longer supported...)

If you see here :

• [WinPC] Maxthon Cloud Browser for Windows V4.4.5.3000 Officially Released! - Maxthon Official Releases and Betas

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php/topic/15475-maxthon-cloud-browser-for-windows-v4453000-officially-released/

Best Regards Ohke

Have you tried to flip into Retro mode and then F5, this works better for my old XP.??

M2 was from the single-engine days.  It's all Retro Mode, baby!   :wink:

Unlike M3 and M4, M2 has a popup login dialogue box that keeps stealing focus if you can't log in.  At one point in the past (early in the days of M3?), the logon server for M2 went down for several days.  I've always dreaded that happening again, as I still use M2 for some things.

Have you found that happening to you recently?

Oops.  I should have mentioned in my original post that I have.  I noticed it about 36 hours ago.  (afternoon of Tuesday, June 10, GMT-4)

Maxthon2_login-failure.png

My hope is that this is just a server outage, but if it's more than that, I'm hopeful someone will offer at least a hack to disable the nag screen for those of us who still use Maxthon 2 occasionally.  (That last lengthy server outage is what convinced me to begin migrating in earnest to Maxthon 3.)

Thanks. You can disable it by using the local shared account and not attempting to sign in. Unfortunately however in my case, there are just too many settings I would have to change to the local account to match my Maxthon passport account.

I, too, use M2 for certain sites and have recently experienced not being able to login and see the same dialog box as shown above. I have no suggestions as to a cure, but am joining the list of those that are experiencing this hoping to illustrate that this is not an isolated incident.

NE USA

Can you still log in?  Maybe it's a caching thing?

I think Maxthon 4 doesn't use the same server, surely not datacom-dl.maxthon.com.

I believe Bloodchen confirmed that during the last big, long-term outage.

I do wonder if that server (datacom-dl.maxthon.com) has been taken offline as part of the discontinuation of Maxthon 3 support ~Ohke mentioned:

Notice:Since Maxthon 3 Maintenance has stopped ,we will conduct a background update to the latest version for all users.

This version main bug fixes and features optimization are listed in the changelog below.

[from here]

At least M3 and M4 still work without access to the Maxthon Cloud and don't throw a focus-stealing dialog box up throughout the session.  Anyone have any ideas for suppressing that dialog?

Can you still log in?  Maybe it's a caching thing?

A caching thing? Whats that? I can still sign in to my account with M2 and favs update. I also have no problems signing into Dashboard, if that's what you are referring to. 

Edit: Hmmm, does seem to take longer to actually be logged in, a full 10 seconds easy for the green check mark to show on the account button....

A caching thing? Whats that? I can still sign in to my account with M2 and favs update. I also have no problems signing into Dashboard, if that's what you are referring to. 

I thought perhaps your M2 had some authentication magic stored locally (cached) and wasn't actually reaching out to touch the server — but if you're uploading and downloading Favorites, that clearly isn't the case.  (I never used online sync with Maxthon 2; didn't start doing that until I was using M3.)

Archived