Youtube Sound

Hi,

First of all, I gotta say that I have the last Maxthon version installed, so that's not the problem. Also, my system is Windows XP.

My main problem with Maxthon, among others, is that whenever I'm playing a Youtube video and another window is loading or refreshing, the sound will freeze, like intermittent. This bothers me and I can't find a way to solve it, so thank you for your help and sorry for my bad English.

Miquel Àngel

Hi and welcome to Forum... Hola y bienvenido al foro...(^^,)

To help you Translate English to Español, i can recommend > Language Labs - Translator Bookmarklet  just drag and drop into your bookmark-line = Español > Traducir botón
With you Flash player not working so well, find this file in Maxthon, you just rename like this > C:\Program Files\Maxthon\Core\Webkit\Npplugins = NPSWF32_16_0_0_235.dllOLD  
Then Maxthon automatic use the newest, flash .dll from you system files (even if you use 64-bit system)...
After that test here, to see if it found the newest Flash (= 17.0.0.188) > Flash Player Help

Now with "another window is loading or refreshing, the sound will freeze" you just use this Extension to YouTube • YouTube Center DB 493 (Multilingual) - Extensions Center
Then go to YouTube website and press on the little cogwheel / gear wheel in the top right corner, this is the settings for YouTube Center. (first set General > Language?)
Press on the Photos and you read them better...
post-327978-0-27366500-1433712851_thumb. <~ 360p for XP    post-327978-0-92309800-1433712817_thumb. <~ One mark is OK = Prevent auto-play
post-327978-0-82139300-1433712887_thumb. <~ See gray line in player    post-327978-0-53764700-1433712915_thumb.
This is a good standard setting for a XP, but you can always set them, to your likening and your PC ability's + your Net Bandwidth. 
You can set YouTube Center, at test it now > • Diandra Bancu - "Up in the Air" - Next Star  >   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF3w5Ighz9k#

Find more help in Forum here :
Adobe Flash and Maxthon - General Discussion = The right way guide to install Flash.
[WinPC Resolved] Youtube videos on window - Page 2 - General Discussion = How to set up YouTube Center to play only Flash.
[WinPC] why Maxthon - Feature Request & User Voices = How to set up your PC and Codec to use, to play the new HTML5 format on YouTube.
[WinPC Followup] Lag Issues on Youtube HD videos (flash only) - General Discussion = This is a Mini Tweak help, for your PC. ( for Flash & InterWeb ).
Best Regards Ohke

Thanks a lot, but I don't think that Flash nor Youtube Center will solve the problem. The sound lags no matter which resolution I'm watching the video with. Also, when on Google Chrome I don't have this problem, only on Maxthon. 

Any other advice? :S

You won't try Flash = thats OK. (^^,) ... But do you have set up Maxthon to play the newest Flash, so it won't conflict.?

Lag in Youtube videos is quite common to the point that it's considered normal operation. If you haven't already, update to the latest Flash Player. = for your safety at least.

Then give this 2 a try and give feedback on tests, because Google owns YouTube now and try to force HTML5 and Chrome forward.

OBS in Maxthon Settings > set it to use Unicode (UTF-8) under Advanced > Webpage display > Default encoding ,  ( this is what Google/YouTube uses )

Because Chrome and IE both use Unicode (UTF-8) Maxthon uses Western (ISO-8859-1) by default.

And yes Codec and Media formats (Flash / HTML5) will also affect the sound. HTML5 makes you PC work a little harder, but gives better visuals effects.

Another thing may be that your Internet connection is saturated and not able to stream at full speed. So try test with all extensions turned of etc., to see if it helps on the audio.

A good thing to make it play better, is to empty all you Temp folders before you go to YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/html5   = and all have a   V  on them?

https://html5test.com/   = and you get 447 in test.??  

Result like this.??

Score = (Video 31/35 ) and (Audio 28/30)

All Video Codec = Full support.??  and

All Audio Codec = Full support ( except for "WebM with Opus support" )??

EDIT: Can you please give a URL Link to a YouTube video, that gives you lost of Audio Lag, so we can test it to.??

And when have you last made a clean install of you Maxthon.?? + What Mx version do you have now.?? 

Can you check your CPU usage when this happens.

Flash videos do lag a little when pages are loading in the background on Maxthon, but i've never had issues with sound. Given that Maxthon's hardware acceleration is almost non-existent compared to the other browsers it's quite possible that it's stressing the CPU more than the other browsers which causes the sound stuttering.

I don't know why I'm bothering you, probably it's just a problem with my computer, because it's old and I'm running with XP. Ohke, thank you again for the info you provided, the results on the tests are exactly how you say. I'll suppose something's wrong with my computer, but I'm curious about why the stuttering doesn't happen in Google Chrome. It happens with any video, nothing special. 

Also, I didn't say it in my first post but from time to time, when I have Maxthon opened for a long time it breaks. I don't know how to explain it with words, but let's say that sometimes tabs refresh by themselves or the screen goes all blank... 

I truly appreciate your efforts, but I don't think this has a right solution. Do you think that making a Clean Install coud work? I'm using v. 4.4.5.3000. Is there any chance that there are corrupted files or something like this?

Thank you guys, my last bullet is to try a Clean Install, but I'm afraid I'll lose all the info (favorites, passwords...).  :)

I don't know why I'm bothering you, probably it's just a problem with my computer, because it's old and I'm running with XP. Ohke, thank you again for the info you provided, the results on the tests are exactly how you say. I'll suppose something's wrong with my computer, but I'm curious about why the stuttering doesn't happen in Google Chrome. It happens with any video, nothing special. 

Also, I didn't say it in my first post but from time to time, when I have Maxthon opened for a long time it breaks. I don't know how to explain it with words, but let's say that sometimes tabs refresh by themselves or the screen goes all blank... 

I truly appreciate your efforts, but I don't think this has a right solution. Do you think that making a Clean Install coud work? I'm using v. 4.4.5.3000. Is there any chance that there are corrupted files or something like this?

Thank you guys, my last bullet is to try a Clean Install, but I'm afraid I'll lose all the info (favorites, passwords...).  :)

I guess you have no passport... if so, then you can create an account and import your local data

or backup your data (don't remember where they are stored in XP),  you still can recover them later

perform a clean install  and whatever the result of the clean install is, you may retrieve your data by pasting the backup folder.

sigmax2.png

"tabs refresh by themselves"  yes it do dos, sometimes in XP  (^^,) = Cure is to use Mx. Settings > Advanced >  and put a mark in [v] all 3 under >

Browsing
[v] Always use Ultra Mode (Some websites might be displayed incorrectly)
[v] Enable smooth scrolling
[v] Enable standard rendering in Retro Mode (This option is available on IE8 or higher versions) <~ Especially here for an XP , because of it can only run IE v.8.

By marking this it helps on a XP, if you stumble upon a page that won't stop refreshing, then just press on the lightning bolt in the address line = so Mx. flips into Retro mode.

And do try was 7twenty says, when your on YouTube and plays Videos in HTML5 format... :top:

In you XP, how long time ago did you run ScanDisk.?? ( it's best every ½ year or so ). NTFS is actually quite fragile and filesystem corruption can cause all kinds of problems.

Run this before any Clean install of maxthon, so you get better result and much safer HDD / XP in the long run.

In Run... type CMD.exe > copy paste this in >  chkdsk /f /v /r    and it will Repair and it locks down any Bad Sectors on the disk. And don't worry you have plenty Sectors to take from. (^^,)

( or better jet use Puran DeFrag (it's free) and make a Boot DeFrag + Full ScanDisk in one go ). Go to my Profile Page and you see why + how to use it.

You should also empty all Temp directories = (C:\Windows\temp, C:\temp, C:\Documents and Settings\*user name*\Local Settings\Temp) + DiskCleaner ( cleanmgr.exe ) in your XP. 

And do use the Mx. Passport, it's safe to use and encrypted and then split up to different Maxthon servers. And it's good to use it, as a backup online, to make Clean Installs.

On the XP you Backup these Folders :

C:\Programs\Maxthon

C:\Documents and Settings\*user name*\Application Data\Maxthon3   <~ This is the important one

Now your ready to do a Clean install and your HDD is good again + De-fragmented... (^^,) Please use the Links for more info and help. (+ post #2)

Best Regards Ohke

P.S. i have a Dual boot PC, so i have tested this + just made a update = Mx. Clean Install, + updated Audio Driver, etc...

YouTube plays fast (HTML5 & Flash) and NO Audio Lags ether. All Extensions is of, except YouTube Center, because i hate Ad's. ABP is deleted = save space + browser resources...

EDIT: Nitro on a XP is super fast + plays YouTube (HTML5) right out of the box... pID4wkI.gif

I tried disabling AdBlock but that won't solve the problem either. 

What if I start using an older Maxthon version? MyIE or so...

Everytime a page is loading or refreshing the Youtube video sound will stutter. But ONLY in Maxthon and ONLY with Youtube. How come I'm the only one with this bug? 

Another question, how can I know if my Youtube is in HTML5 or Flash?

I'm sorry, I'm not a expert in computres and I can't get on your level. Moreover, my English is bad and I can't understand some tricks that you tell me. 

Ohke, thank you so much man. But I don't know how to do all of this you tell me, I'm a bit of a noob. Maybe it has something to do with Temp. files?

Thats OK, we all learn in different tempo and ways..(^^,)  AND its never too late to learn. I'ts the way to keep you Young...

"Another question, how can I know if my Youtube is in HTML5 or Flash?" = right click on the video when it's playing. = then you see it's in HTML5 

And no go back to a old version, wont help. A clean install of Mx. will, i know for after 2-4 updates on top of each other, it can corrupt files and left over files conflict.

If you see in my first post, number 2 line,

there i made a link for you, to better under stand (Language Labs - Translator Bookmarklet = Laboratorios de Idiomas - Traductor Bookmarklet) this i use a lot. 

Scan-disk you find and run like this.

1. Click on My Computer
2. Right click on your main drive (usually 'C')
3. Select Properties
4. Click on the Tools tab (functions) 
5. Under Error Checking.... Click Check Now
6. Tick the All 2 options 
6. Click Start

You may be prompted to restart Windows before it will run.

Copy paste this into Run...  >    cleanmgr.exe   and you can clean some of the Temp files

Still waiting on some CPU usage details. (right click taskbar > Task Manager)

While it might not be directly related, there was this post (YouTube video, MX downloader & 100% CPU) from a while back which had a similar issue which turned out to be hardware related. I'd recommend reading through that and see if there are any similarities with your issues and follow any testing that was mentioned.

Hi,

Thanks for your question. Have you try as methods mentioned above?  Does it work ? It works fine on my side. Would a latest version currently help? http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php/topic/15475-maxthon-cloud-browser-for-windows-v4453000-officially-released/ Feel free to contact me if it still does not work. Let us figure out it together.

7twenty, I think that this link will lead you to a screenshot of my Task Manager when I'm playing a Youtube video. I know it's in Spanish, can you understand it? CPU usage 29%. I have a few more pages open. 

Ohkle, I did the cleanmgr.exe and the Check Disk things.

Thank you all. 

I think that soon I'll try a Clean Install. I just want to be sure that I saved my Favorites and my passwords for when I re-install Maxthon. 

Archived