Then try to edit in your Mx Settings > Search engine > Add or just Edit > the Google URL to this > https://www.google.com/search?q=%us  > last press Default    >

you can put this, on most of them  ?q=%us then test if it works.

If you want more then press on the long horizontal button on the right. = A popup windows will show, so you can get more to search from... (^^,)

I don't know if you know it, and you can also ad more Search Engines, to your Custom Multi-Search > 

• [New] (For English users) Maxthon Multi-Search engine: your favorite search engine - Welcome to the Maxthon Forum

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php/topic/15257-for-english-usersmaxthon-multi-search-engine-your-favorite-search-engine/?p=83503

Best Regards Ohke

Then try to edit in your Mx Settings > Search engine > Add or just Edit > the Google URL to this > https://www.google.com/search?q=%us  > last press Default    >

you can put this, on most of them  ?q=%us then test if it works.

If you want more then press on the long horizontal button on the right. = A popup windows will show, so you can get more to search from... (^^,)

I don't know if you know it, and you can also ad more Search Engines, to your Custom Multi-Search > 

• [New] (For English users) Maxthon Multi-Search engine: your favorite search engine - Welcome to the Maxthon Forum

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php/topic/15257-for-english-usersmaxthon-multi-search-engine-your-favorite-search-engine/?p=83503

Best Regards Ohke

thanks, actually your right, problem isgoogle cse, but i can't cencel this search engine, is it possible?

i like to try maxthon multi search also, thanks again

***  but i can't cancel this search engine, is it possible? ***  Yes you can, but not make it disappear completely, it's a new search that is made for Forum.

But you can turn it of, so it won't show up again.

post-327978-0-22316200-1432996510.png <~ Press here, and no show of Google CSE anymore.

post-327978-0-05031300-1432997296_thumb. <~ Here is the setting for Mx Search,

you see the Originals and the one "home made" on top.

And do try to press the BLUE text in my first post ( 2# ) = it's a link for you + read that Topic = all will be explained... :titter:

Now you have a visual and text help, all in one place.  :)   about:ms  <~  mark this so it's blue > right-click > Open selected link = Multi-Search setting

New Custom Maxthon Forum Search + Old Forum <~ Via Google CSE, try it out or save it in your Bookmarks, to one day you need a thorough search.

Best Regards Ohke

EDIT: And a New Clean Install of Maxthon also works to v.4.4.5.3000 or up.

Just make a Backup of this folder here >   C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3   so you can recover, what you may need back...

Hi,

Thanks for your question. I believe you are confused by google cse as Ohke mentioned. I have to tell you that it is a promotion of  our browser. You can change it only in our latest version which you can download  here .http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php/topic/15204-maxthon-cloud-browser-for-windows-v4452000-official-released/?p=82993After installing that, you can find it in settings >searching engine, make google as a default one. I hope this could help you. Feel free to contact us.

• 1 month later...

Just go to Settings -> Extensions  and disable or uninstall the "search" extension.

Turn it of before remove / delete it...

See here in Forum, with photos > [WinPC Resolved] Maxthon inserts graphic advertisements on Google Search page - Page 2 - General Discussion

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php/topic/15788-maxthon-inserts-graphic-advertisements-on-google-search-page/?p=86312

Best Regards Ohke

I use this version > Maxthon Cloud Browser for Windows V4.4.5.3000 Officially Released, and made a Clean Install of it...

Did you make a Clean Install of yours.?? What version do you use.??

Because mine do not change and i made / ad my own normal Google like this >  https://www.google.com/search?q=%us

And that don't go back to Google Search CSE. I also turn'd CSE of, on the QA page, like you see in post #7, here in this tread.

For the 4th time, my default search engine has been changed to a Google custom search URL. I don't use Maxthon Passport and there is no cloud syncing going on. If I delete the search URL and only keep the search engine of my choice, it is added all over again.

I don't want this. I don't need this. I'm, frankly, getting a little tired of this, because it happens out of the blue and then my search may be logged somewhere. I know that this is probably a way for you guys to monetize the browser development and I respect that you want to give us a way to contribute, but this search engine is useless to me and I simply don't want to use it. How do I make sure that my default search engine is never, ever, ever changed again?

For the 4th time, my default search engine has been changed to a Google custom search URL. I don't use Maxthon Passport and there is no cloud syncing going on. If I delete the search URL and only keep the search engine of my choice, it is added all over again.

I don't want this. I don't need this. I'm, frankly, getting a little tired of this, because it happens out of the blue and then my search may be logged somewhere. I know that this is probably a way for you guys to monetize the browser development and I respect that you want to give us a way to contribute, but this search engine is useless to me and I simply don't want to use it. How do I make sure that my default search engine is never, ever, ever changed again?

merged both threads

sigmax2.png

I use this version > Maxthon Cloud Browser for Windows V4.4.5.3000 Officially Released, and made a Clean Install of it...

Did you make a Clean Install of yours.?? What version do you use.??

Because mine do not change and i made / ad my own normal Google like this >  https://www.google.com/search?q=%us

And that don't go back to Google Search CSE. I also turn'd CSE of, on the QA page, like you see in post #7, here in this tread.

Sorry for the delay.

That is the version im using. And i made clean install. Also, i have a similar search address.

Now it havent been changed, not sure why. Is there some remote control in this browser, so developer can change things?

Because this is serious problem if that kind of things are happening.

I dont use any Passpors or other sync stuff either.

Earlier it did add google cse and made it default. How it did that? Doesent feel secure anymore.

[EDIT]

Just said that i havent happened... And it changed again!  :twisted:

Also when i open empty tab, there are Google CSE if i restart the browser, even if i change it to something else.

I have placed posts on several popular Download Websites WARNING people that Maxthon has become Adware Infected Crapware due to Google CSE and CONSTANT resets when you try to "switch it off."

Maxthon used to be the Best of the Best. It was By Far my favorite browser Ever!

Now it has become a Terrible Adware Infected Annoyance.

So Sad. :(  :(  :(

I have placed posts on several popular Download Websites WARNING people that Maxthon has become Adware Infected Crapware due to Google CSE and CONSTANT resets when you try to "switch it off."

Maxthon used to be the Best of the Best. It was By Far my favorite browser Ever!

Now it has become a Terrible Adware Infected Annoyance.

I got some news : this annoyance will no longer happen : your settings shouldn't be overwritten

I just performed a clean install of the latest maxthon version

google CSE was in the list of search engine, but my default search engine didn't change

no "ad" rules in ABP

search extension was enabled, but I deleted it

googlejj is not in my favorites list

so far so good, just wait and see but it looks like issue is fixed. :) 

sigmax2.png

THATS why it so sad. I used so many different browser, couple latest was Chinese (not sure why, but lightest browsers come from the China), before i found Maxthon. It has been so good and i have been using it since Maxthon 1. 

Its started getting worse. Developers went to the wrong direction some time ago. Like other popular and good programs, they are getting heavier and get more and more useless features.

Still, im not sure is there any better, Maxthon was so far ahead. This just makes me sad  :(

I even installed this to my mother. She isnt very good with the computers and he was using Opera (that older version before chrome engine). And she was like, what did you done to my computer, it is so fast^^

But then came these versions with adware... Couple hours i tried to get rid of those Google ads and i only managed to do it with Violentmonkey scripts. I didnt know that it was search extension what cause it. Have to travel there some day and fix that problem permanently.

"looks like issue is fixed"

i have 4.4.6.1000 and it still did it.

THATS why it so sad. I used so many different browser, couple latest was Chinese (not sure why, but lightest browsers come from the China), before i found Maxthon. It has been so good and i have been using it since Maxthon 1. 

Its started getting worse. Developers went to the wrong direction some time ago. Like other popular and good programs, they are getting heavier and get more and more useless features.

Still, im not sure is there any better, Maxthon was so far ahead. This just makes me sad  :(

I even installed this to my mother. She isnt very good with the computers and he was using Opera (that older version before chrome engine). And she was like, what did you done to my computer, it is so fast^^

But then came these versions with adware... Couple hours i tried to get rid of those Google ads and i only managed to do it with Violentmonkey scripts. I didnt know that it was search extension what cause it. Have to travel there some day and fix that problem permanently.

"looks like issue is fixed"

i have 4.4.6.1000 and it still did it.

It is fixed in this version posted today.  http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php/topic/15993-maxthon-cloud-browser-for-windows-v4462000-officially-released/

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

I seriously doubt that will remain true. I have deleted the "search" files as suggested by others here from maxthon "addons" folders and cleared the adblock plus "exceptions" numerous times. And when I booted up this last time tonight? the frigging adblock plus exceptions had been replaced yet again.

Maxthon is apparently desperate for $$$$$$ and have sold their souls for it.

Such a shame.

I seriously doubt that will remain true. I have deleted the "search" files as suggested by others here from maxthon "addons" folders and cleared the adblock plus "exceptions" numerous times. And when I booted up this last time tonight? the frigging adblock plus exceptions had been replaced yet again.

Maxthon is apparently desperate for $$$$$$ and have sold their souls for it.

Such a shame.

give it a little time - it will be resolved

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

Archived