Synchronization favorites

Hi All!

I am a Maxthon user from nearly the start of the history!

So I clearly use Maxthon Mobile on my android phone.

But, since teh begining of maxthon on android, I've got a problem of synchronization. Everything work great with WiFi, but it is impossible to sync the favorites with mobile datas... As I use pretty the mobile datas than the Wifi, Many times I cannot use my favorites on my phone.

Is there something I can do??

Just in case, this "problem" occurs in 3 different phones, from the first Maxthon mobile version, till now...

Any help would be appreciate.

Thanks.

Hi!

What sort of connection to you have? 2G/3G/4G?

What is your reception like?

Do you have any issues when browsing, like pages timing out?

It appears on every network I tried, ecxept WiFi... Even in LTE...

And no, no problem in browsing, in 2G, 3G or LTE... or in WiFi. 

I can sync my account on every network, but not my favs.... its weird..

Is this problem still Exist?

yes, the problem is still occuring. 

But as I said, I have NEVER been able to sync favs on mobile networks. everything works great, but this particular syncing never worked for me.

Is there something I can do? a file to edit, or something?

Thanks for your help

Hi!

It appears on every network I tried, ecxept WiFi... Even in LTE...

And no, no problem in browsing, in 2G, 3G or LTE... or in WiFi. 

I can sync my account on every network, but not my favs.... its weird..

yes, the problem is still occuring. 

But as I said, I have NEVER been able to sync favs on mobile networks. everything works great, but this particular syncing never worked for me.

Is there something I can do? a file to edit, or something?

Thanks for your help

Check that you don't have "sync only with wifi' enabled  in advanced settings. I think that is the default setting.

Check that you don't have "sync only with wifi' enabled  in advanced settings. I think that is the default setting.

Unticking this option is one of the first thing I do after installation of Maxthon for mobile.

For me, the problem may reside there. It always acts as if this option is always enabled...

But, are there some other Maxthon mobile users here, and do they succeed in syncing favs over mobile network?

I'm on Windows Phone and have never had a problem with my Favorites Syncing.

Ok, and is there some android users? do they succeed in syncing their favorites over mobile networks?

I have tried Maxthon mobile, maxthon for tablet, and even Maxthon pioneer edition... the problem is the same on each app... No possible way to sync the fav's with 2G, 3G or 4G.

but no problem at all with WiFi...

Just in case, when I try to sync over mobile networks, I've got the following messages:

-connexion to servers

-downloading favorites

-syncronization failed. maybe you are not connected to the internet?

And  this appears every time I try to sync the favs... no problem in navigation, no lags, freezes or anything...

I have no problems syncing on android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 using Maxthon4.4.4.1000 using data. I can't test with my tablet, it's wi-fi only. What country are you from? And what version of android? One of the reps will have to help you.

I have no problems syncing on android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 using Maxthon4.4.4.1000 using data. I can't test with my tablet, it's wi-fi only. What country are you from? And what version of android? One of the reps will have to help you.

I'm from France.

Now I'm running Lollipop 5.0.2, and maxthon 4.4.5.2000 build 2922..

you are able to sync your favs with your mobile network?

But As you said, from JB to LP, I've never been able to sync the favorites (just the favorites, everything else works great) over mobile networks... no problem with WiFi.

I saw on the forum that I'm not the only one...

May be it is related to other networks than the chinese ones...

As I said, I was able to sync using mobile data, but I'm not sure which bandwidth, all I know is it's a cdma radio and slow. What I did: 1:Turned off wi-fi, enabled data on my phone 2: I added 3 favs using M4 on my pc 3: Booted M4 on my phone 4: Opened favorites and tapped the sync button 5: Favorites were updated I didn't try auto update(nor do I know if it is possible) as I have favs to set only from wi-fi.

I'm from France.

Now I'm running Lollipop 5.0.2, and maxthon 4.4.5.2000 build 2922..

you are able to sync your favs with your mobile network?

But As you said, from JB to LP, I've never been able to sync the favorites (just the favorites, everything else works great) over mobile networks... no problem with WiFi.

I saw on the forum that I'm not the only one...

May be it is related to other networks than the chinese ones...

Hi, Sai, joemax

I have problem same as Sai did.  Everything is OK, except Favorite sync function by using mobile data.  I do a favorite sync same as joemax do, but on mobile network It show error message "Check if you are connected to the internet or if an SD card is placed."

Don't concern about function like Sync with WIFI only, I turn it off but it's stil does not work.

If I sync favorite via WIFI, then it can work properly. I don't know what is different between Cloudtab and Favorite sync ?  

Function Cloudtab is work properly on mobile network, but favorite sync can work only with WiFI connection and error message is not clearly ? 

I think if it's work well, It's the best to serve internet on cross platform and I waiting for this function work well for longtime.. 

Hi, Sai, joemax

I have problem same as Sai did.  Everything is OK, except Favorite sync function by using mobile data.  I do a favorite sync same as joemax do, but on mobile network It show error message "Check if you are connected to the internet or if an SD card is placed."

Don't concern about function like Sync with WIFI only, I turn it off but it's stil does not work.

If I sync favorite via WIFI, then it can work properly. I don't know what is different between Cloudtab and Favorite sync ?  

Function Cloudtab is work properly on mobile network, but favorite sync can work only with WiFI connection and error message is not clearly ? 

I think if it's work well, It's the best to serve internet on cross platform and I waiting for this function work well for longtime.. 

I have also turned off the sync with WiFi only option... but still impossible to sync favs over mobile networks.

I will be extremely Happy if dev could make this particular function to work properly on foreign mobile networks.

I have also turned off the sync with WiFi only option... but still impossible to sync favs over mobile networks.

I will be extremely Happy if dev could make this particular function to work properly on foreign mobile networks.

Hi, I'm from France too and no issue to sync favs over mobile network here ( my provider is orange.fr)...

just did it again 5 minutes ago..

sigmax2.png

Now with a few more people piping in, looks like it's somehow region or carrier related?

Given data is data, I can't understand how or why that might be the case, but they are the only constants that I can see.

If someone can test MX on PC through a phone data connection, or the WinPhone version and see if the same thing happens.

Hi, I'm from France too and no issue to sync favs over mobile network here ( my provider is orange.fr)...

just did it again 5 minutes ago..

Ok, my provider is SFR... May be this problem is provider specific... but it is quite weird.

Now with a few more people piping in, looks like it's somehow region or carrier related?

Given data is data, I can't understand how or why that might be the case, but they are the only constants that I can see.

If someone can test MX on PC through a phone data connection, or the WinPhone version and see if the same thing happens.

I could try at home this evening,

I'll tell you.

Edit:

I just tried by sharing my connection between Phone and PC, and everything is working great. the phone is connected to SFR in H+.

Thanks.

Unfortunately it seems it's something that a MX dev would need to look into. Hopefully a rep can pass this along to the relevant people.

Given all the above it's very hard to determine the cause and very odd if the phone network is the cause. All other versions using passport seem to connect fine, as do users in other countries, and even other users in France but on a different network.

Only thing left is for you to try testing on another phone network and see if that helps. Maybe test on someone elses phone on another network?

I'd be testing with another account/passport as well in case it's something related to your data which is causing the issue.

Unfortunately it seems it's something that a MX dev would need to look into. Hopefully a rep can pass this along to the relevant people.

Given all the above it's very hard to determine the cause and very odd if the phone network is the cause. All other versions using passport seem to connect fine, as do users in other countries, and even other users in France but on a different network.

Only thing left is for you to try testing on another phone network and see if that helps. Maybe test on someone elses phone on another network?

I'd be testing with another account/passport as well in case it's something related to your data which is causing the issue.

So, it does not seem to be account specific. I created a new one, put just google as favorite, and try to sync with my phone... failed also...

I'll try on another phone/network, and tell you.

Thanks for your time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The problem with favorites sync has been reported by several users.

I have already talked to our maintenance team to make sure there is no problem with our server.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Any progress on this issue ? I still have problem syncing my PC desktop favorites with my android and IOS mobile phones.

Archived