Constant Dimming of sites

Hello! 

Has anyone experienced this? (Please see attached photo)

Once I go to a website it eventually dims the whole thing. The problem is it happens only in one of my Maxthon accounts. When I log in using the other, the problem doesn't happen.

Please help me! 

Thank you!

post-485419-0-00750800-1432768812_thumb.

PS. I don't know whether I pressed something or not but it only happens with one account.

It happens on certain websites.

In this forum, it works perfectly fine.

I tried changing the skin but it stayed that way. 

Has it anything to do with other settings?

I wouldn't think it a setting because it's only happening on certain websites.  Let's see of someone else can come along with more input.  I've never heard of this happening before.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

I wouldn't think it a setting because it's only happening on certain websites.  Let's see of someone else can come along with more input.  I've never heard of this happening before.

Thank you! 

The only thing I know is that it happens only on my current Maxthon passport. 

Please follow the steps in the Troubleshooting thread.

Seeing as it's only happening when using one particular account, there's a setting of some sort that has gone astray. By running through the above you should be able to narrow it down to what it is hopefully.

I would say firstly check any extensions, but it doesn't seem like you're running anything outside of the standard ones.

Please follow the steps in the Troubleshooting thread.

Seeing as it's only happening when using one particular account, there's a setting of some sort that has gone astray. By running through the above you should be able to narrow it down to what it is hopefully.

I would say firstly check any extensions, but it doesn't seem like you're running anything outside of the standard ones.

Have you tried without Adblock?

Hi! Thank you all for the help!

I don't know what finally did it but I did these things:

1. Disabled AdBlock

2. Disabled the Night Mode Extension

3. Clear the Cache

Hope it goes fine from here on. 

Thank you again! :)

Odds are that was the issue.

I was going to mention that first, but seemed to easy of a fix. So just goes to show, always check the simplest options first :-)

Was it a Night Mode extension different that the one built into Maxthon?  Seems there's something else in play if it's only on one account and only on certain pages and then some, only a partial dimming.  Sounds like an extra extension was involved.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

That's a good point. I'm not overly familiar with MX's night mode, but the fact that it seemed a little random means it could have been another extension with options based on site?

The only extensions that I can find for that are "Turn Off the Lights" and "Night Mode". So it could have been one of those.

Archived