Address bar auto-search ... WHEN NOT WANTED

I had a problem today trying to enter this URL: http://www.interleave-vr.com/youtube-proper-player.php

When I try typing in or pasting in the URL it does a Google Search instead of going to the site.  It doesn't matter if I hit the GO-arrow or RETURN.

When I type or paste a URL in the address bar I DO NOT what to search for it; I already have it.  Just make the address-bar go to a specified URL please like browsers are supposed to do.

Windows 7 Enterprise x64

Maxthon 4.4.5.2000-e

I did work around this by setting up a bookmark which does take me to the site.

I suspect the pre-load feature is stepping on URL "toes" when the URL text is entered directly into the addressbar.

<<SL>>

I had a problem today trying to enter this URL: http://www.interleave-vr.com/youtube-proper-player.php

When I try typing in or pasting in the URL it does a Google Search instead of going to the site.  It doesn't matter if I hit the GO-arrow or RETURN.

I confirm this : it's a short url  and I get the same behavior here

it works using long version, or by drag and drop

http://www.interleave-vr.com/youtube-proper-player.php

sigmax2.png

Hi there, 

since it is a short url, it doesnt have some key words like [ . com] or others, it wont be recognized as a weibsite, then it triggered the search engine.. 

if you try to use the long URL, this problem won't be existed ..

Hope this information is helpful .

many thanks 

No problem here with last 2000 (not 2000-e why?) or 1800-beta.

Thanks for all the comments,   Particularly the difference between the final final 4.4.5.2000 re-released on 5/22 and 2000-e posted the same day.

I never can figure out how to tell that a released version has been updated after its original release.  I would like to see a note aded to the announcement whenever that happens.  

I'll re-download 2000 ... it seems not to be identical to 2000-e.

<<SL>>

Yes, works fine. I remind, when you have this kind of problem, don't forget to clear address bar history.

are you using  "copy", or "copy shortcut" ?

"copy shortcut" works and always has (I never encountered any issue with it)

copy a short url still does not work and probably never will...

sigmax2.png

Thanks for all the comments,   Particularly the difference between the final final 4.4.5.2000 re-released on 5/22 and 2000-e posted the same day.

I never can figure out how to tell that a released version has been updated after its original release.  I would like to see a note aded to the announcement whenever that happens.  

I'll re-download 2000 ... it seems not to be identical to 2000-e.

<<SL>>

I can confirm that the 5/22 release of 4.4.5.2000 dos not have this problem.  

Also, I see they have begun posting the posted date after the MDS code.   Good that helps for the future.  Keep doing that.

Ody, no, not "Paste and Go", I was referring to the arrow (aka "GO") at the right end of the address bar in some skins.  This time to confirm I did just a simple "Paste" (CTRL-V) plus RETURN and the short URL worked  as Oliver said.

<<SL>>

Archived