Finally have to say good-bye to Maxthon/ crashes

I've been using Maxthon since it was called MyIE2, I loved it back then because it was very similar to IE but with additional features. Maxthon peaked at M2.5 and started to go with the fads since M3 with the UI and removing user control. But I was used to it so I didn't switch. Recently Maxthon further reduced user control by forcing people to use ABP rather than their own custom list, I started to seriously consider switching. However, the last straw was that tonight it started to have fatal error, I can't open any websites without it crashing, even after reinstalling Maxthon. So this is it, I'll use Firefox as my main browser until I find a better replacement.

I think I found the issue, after disabling Adblock Plus in the extension menu it works. But without any ad blocking extension there are too many ads. I will reinstall the last version without ABP and stay with that instead.

Good to see you found the potential issue. Looks to be the settings for ABP are corrupted or just not working for some reason. A clean install using the option in the installer should fix that. Or doing it manually by opening an Explorer window > %appdata%\Maxthon3 delete the data (keep a backup just in case). I fyou're using a passport account, then it should all sync on restart again - so long as the cloud data isn't the issue things should work again with ABP.

Hi, there, sorry to cause trouble to you ,

anyway  could you tell us which browser verstion that you used ? we tested this website with our latest version, it works well .
so, if you are not using the latest version Mx 4.4.5.2000, we suggeste you to update it ,
anyway, in case it is the browser' s problem. could you check the crush report?

open [start]----[operation]---enter %temp%----chose maxthon browser--- to open the zip.
 is there any crash report generated?
if there if a crash report, please send to us .
many thanks . 

Archived