Adblock - whitelist a site and still block some ads

You can neutralize a rule of ABP by placing @@ before.

Example if the rule ||widgets.outbrain.com^ disturbs your site, you put @@||widgets.outbrain.com^ in the site rule.

Other way is don't use a list of ABP and put in Global rules your list, or a list you can find here 

The trouble is I don't know which specific rules are causing the problem. And they only cause problems on a couple of sites, so I'm OK keeping them for most of my browsing. I just need a way to say "This website does not use global rules, but does use site rules".

I've already tried to narrow down which rule is causing the problem, but I'll keep trying. 

Hi,there ,there are several steps that can help you to solve this problem .

First, disabled the [block ads on this sites]

Then, click the option [view blocked items] , copy the rules of the website which its ads  you want to see from the pop up windows, and paste it, 

Next, you need to open the option [ ads plus option] and choose the {add your own filter] 

Lastly, paste the rules that you copied to that window, before the rules, you need to add @@.

anyway, could you tell us which sites' ads you want to see? we also wanna test it for you ..

Many thanks .

post-484693-0-63623000-1432185634_thumb.

Hi,there ,there are several steps that can help you to solve this problem .

First, disabled the [block ads on this sites]

Then, click the option [view blocked items] , copy the rules of the website which its ads  you want to see from the pop up windows, and paste it, 

Next, you need to open the option [ ads plus option] and choose the {add your own filter] 

Lastly, paste the rules that you copied to that window, before the rules, you need to add @@.

anyway, could you tell us which sites' ads you want to see? we also wanna test it for you ..

Many thanks .

I am not talking about displaying ads. Some websites have important functions that are not ads but which are blocked by ABP.

Wikia.com. Every time I visit Wikia, important images within the articles are blocked.

I have about 200 lines of custom global rules I've added, most copied from form threads here. After a couple hours of playing I finally narrowed it down to this specific rule that caused problems with Wikia:

/http[^/]+/(.(?!$))+/(.*[\W_])?ad(.?banner|centric|.?cli[ck]+|code|cycle|frame|image|js|juggler|layer|log|mentor|rotator|s|script|s?serve?r?|space|vert.*?|view|word|x)s?\d*[\W_]/

(It took a couple hours because dozens of objects were blocked and I had to test each rule one by one until I found the one that was blocking the images. Very not effective.)

Whether it's a custom global rule, or a subscription global rule, I want to keep those rules and have them apply by default. I don't want to have to hunt for a rule, like I did today, in order to whitelist that rule on every site that it breaks - I just want to configure the site so only my site rules apply to it.

I was hoping this functionality already existed. But if it does not, consider this a request to add it. It could be as simple as a checkbox in AdBlock Plus Custom Filters "Use global rules for this site". Or a checkbox in AdBlock Plus Whitelisted Domains "Use custom filters for whitelisted domains".

The whole thing probably shouldn't take more than a dozen lines of code. (I'm assuming ABP has a filter aggregator function that concatenates strings for all of the rules that would apply to a particular site - should be simple enough to throw in an if-then statement linked to the checkbox and then set your final filter to just the custom site rules string. I'll do it myself if nobody else wants to, just send me a link to the repository.)

Is this a feature of ABP for other platforms? If not, then it's something that needs to be taken up with them. As I understand it ABP

is still responsible for the main code, Maxthon just adds the UI and incorporation into the program. I don't believe this is something the MX team can do without ABP making it available.

Archived