Import magicfill from maxthon 2.5

Hello im a long long long time user of maxthon 2.5 i just cant bring myself to stop using it lol but its old i know i have cyberfox 64bit i like but always come back to maxthon 2.5. Now im trying out the new version of maxthon but would like to import all my passwords but when it does the import it says fail on magicfill any way to get it to import them thankyou.

yea tried that to fails to import the magicfill data.

I have just made the try, and it works here : Maxthon 2.5 to Maxthon 4.4.5.1800.

Are you using a Passport account?

Yes there is a problem for import directly in Maxthon Cloud with Passport account, and it's for that I asked him (if passport used)!

With a Passport account one must proceed in two times :

1) Launch Maxthon Cloud with Guest Account and use the import command Maxthon 2.x

2 ) Connect to Passport account under Mx Cloud and use import from local account

@welcome to the new forum HQ

Thanks, Nt!  Nice digs.   :top:

how do you remove a magigfill password ?

I'm not sure you can — assuming I'm correct in thinking that you're referring to your Maxthon user account password, which automatically protects your MagicFill data from prying eyes.  (That is: the Maxthon password you have to enter to show saved passwords.)

The only way to remove that would be to remove the password from your Maxthon Passport account — which I don't think is possible.

With a Passport account one must proceed in two times :

I had never tried this before, so I thought I'd give it a shot.  Unfortunately, it failed for me as it did for Bal3wolf.  (Importing to the guest account from my Max2 account failed.)

Did you test with actual, real-world MagicFill data from Max 2, Oliver?  Or did you create a couple of MagicFill values just for testing?

I'm thinking anyone running Maxthon 2 probably has MagicFill data created not only in version 2.5.18.1000 (the last official release) but in various iterations of Maxthon 2 that that were brought forward from upgrade to upgrade before that.  It may be that MagicFill entries created in earlier versions have code/characters that the Maxthon 3/Maxthon Cloud Browser 4 importer can't parse.

For my part, I undertook two massive labors when I moved from Maxthon 2 to Maxthon 3 full-time: re-creating all my MagicFill entries manually and re-entering all my saved search-engine strings manually.  Both were big tasks, but they were worth it.  (That's probably easier for me to say a couple of years down the road from doing all the work.   :titter: )

In case you're curious, I still use Maxthon 2 primarily as a Favorites Manager.  I find it easier to add, manipulate, arrange and navigate long list of Favorites in Max 2, so I tend to pop it open, bookmark sites there, and then import Favorites into the current version.   :huh:

That's why I was quick to chime in that I'd attempted the import of MagicFill data in almost every version of Max 3 and 4.  In earlier 3.x versions, you were able to select which data you chose to import — Favorites, Ad Hunter, and MagicFill all had individual checkboxes.  Nowadays, I've cleaned out my old AdHunter for fear of importing old rules alongside my Favorites and I worry occasionally that MagicFill import may suddenly start working and import old MagicFill data.  I've considered renaming all my remaining MagicFill entries in Max2 just to be on the safe side.

Did you test with actual, real-world MagicFill data from Max 2, Oliver?  Or did you create a couple of MagicFill values just for testing?

Yes it's a real datas, I have my old Maxthon 2.5 in a VirtualBox XP, but it was used with guest account not with Passport first!

yes im using a passport acount with maxthon 2.5.

OK, I must perform other tests with the same situation.

Sorry, but I can't perform the test with account passport and Maxthon 2.5. When I try to upload magic fill datas with the sync function, I have this error message! :(

Archived