Maxthon.com autoreply feedback email

Not sure who is responsible for this, but should be looked at least IMO.

I've actually submitted this via the feedback form previously, but clearly it never got anywhere.

Changes in red. Some are small (capitalisation), others are there for consistency (use of folder instead of directory), some parts are not required (features added).

slice-line.png

2.How do I upgrade my Maxthon Flash plugin?

Maxthon uses a Flash dll (NPSWF32.dll) installed in the “Maxthon3\Core\Webkit\Npplugins” installation folder. If you want to use the latest update of Flash, you must install a Flash plugin and also rename or delete NPSWF32.dll in the above Maxthon folder. This is recommended for better [text removed] compatibility and security. Detailed instructions can be found on the Maxthon forum.

3.What can I do if there is a crash?

Firstly, we are sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced. When you get a crash or see the crash report window appear, please do not click any buttons. Please keep the window open. Insert %temp% into the command line and press ‘Enter’. You will now see the folder called ‘MaxthonCrashData’. Create a zip-file from the entire ‘MaxthonCrashData’-folder (right-click on folder, ‘create zip-file’). [text removed] Please send [text removed] an email to help@maxthon.com with the zip-file attached. Your help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

This section is not required since it was included in MCB.  Otherwise note that it was included from MX4 version XXX and is not available in older releases.

4.I can't directly open the pdf file?

At the moment, Maxthon does not provide a built-in PDF Reader.You may visit http://downloadzone.org/adobe-reader/to download and install Adobe Reader. After you install you might need to restart your browser and try again.

5.Can you help me delete my Maxthon account?

Each Maxthon account is unique, reflecting the user's identity. Given this fact, and based on preserving the integrity of our server and data security, Maxthon does not support deleting accounts. However, if you no longer plan to use your account Maxthon will safeguard this material. Your peace of mind is our highest priority.

slice-line.png

Thanks for your support. We sincerely hope that our service can make you satisfied . If you have any good suggestions or ideas for our product, please send an email to suggestion@maxthon.net. Our product manager will follow up.

• 3 weeks later...

Also email address suggestion@maxthon.net doesn't work:

Mail Delivery System <MAILER-DAEMON@mail.maxthon.net>

This is the mail system at host mail.maxthon.net.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<maxiaofei@maxthon.net>: permission denied. Command output: maildrop: maildir
    over quota.

Final-Recipient: rfc822; maxiaofei@maxthon.net
Original-Recipient: rfc822;suggestion@maxthon.net
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: x-unix; maildrop: maildir over quota.

Thank you 7twenty for your insight and input in this feedback email.
We are editing the reply right now.
For the suggestion@maxthon.net , it is an email group and it works.But some recipients are no longer in this email group, that's why the system is sending returned message.
Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Have already sent this via the feedback page, and email to suggestions@maxthon.net, but adding this here as well.

The "thanks for contacting Maxthon" auto-reply email has errors.

In section 2 & 3 there is [text removed] which is copy/pasted from the revised version of the email I sent to be reviewed. This needs to removed.

In section 3 the sentence:
"Insert %temp% into the command line and press "Enter"."

should be changed to:
"Insert %temp% into the Windows Explorer address bar and press "Enter"."

Command line generally refers to CMD.exe, and the above variable won't open a window as described by the instructions.

As stated in previous feedback Section 4 should be removed, or updated to state that versions prior to 4.4.1.600 do not include a PDF viewer.

I hope these suggestions can be looked at ASAP. It doesn't look very professional having issues such as this on correspondence being sent to users, especially from a help/support service.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sent another feedback email (which will probably be filed in the too hard basket)... And I get another auto reply and surprise, surprise, STILL nothing has happened...

If you want people to take the browser seriously, how about showing a little professionalism and making it look like the people that work there actually care as much as some of the users that use the product.

Apologies if that comes across as harsh, but when simple things don't get done, it really irks me. Especially when there is just no need for it.

-

In addition to the notes 2 posts above:

In #2 - There are missing \'s in the path "Maxthon3CoreWebkitNpplugins"

In #4 - Broken link. Why it was being linked to a third party site instead of an official adobe.com page is beyond me!?

Seriously guys... all the above would take no more than 5mins to update!

@BugSir007

Sent another feedback email (which will probably be filed in the too hard basket)... And I get another auto reply and surprise, surprise, STILL nothing has happened...

If you want people to take the browser seriously, how about showing a little professionalism and making it look like the people that work there actually care as much as some of the users that use the product.

Apologies if that comes across as harsh, but when simple things don't get done, it really irks me. Especially when there is just no need for it.

-

In addition to the notes 2 posts above:

In #2 - There are missing \'s in the path "Maxthon3CoreWebkitNpplugins"

In #4 - Broken link. Why it was being linked to a third party site instead of an official adobe.com page is beyond me!?

Seriously guys... all the above would take no more than 5mins to update!

@BugSir007

Hi,

I have checked and there are apparently many mistakes that need to be corrected.

I'm working on this right now.

Thanks.

Archived