Not to clean the history of garbage.

Why in the "History" is not always deleted records.This happens when the file history.dat is beginning to grow more than 100 kilobytes, although it may be a coincidence. Moreover, do a simple word search, or just click on the "x". Press the "clear log" - it helps, but removed the right information in the history. Local profile. Browser version latest downloaded official. PC.

I think there is possibly a problem with your history files. I have had a similar situation previously where nothing was being deleted.

From what I figured out it seemed to be a corrupt history file. Deleting them and letting Maxthon create new ones fixed up the issue. Unfortunately you lose your history, but it does allow it to work again.

To test, keep a back up of your current files. If for whatever reason it doesn't work still, you can restore your old files that have the issue.

FTR most of my history files are 2-3mb each. Only the history.dat.vl file is <100kb (98kb). Not sure how that relates to the others.

Hi all! Local browser profile, don't use the cloud. Windows 7 x64. System updates are installed periodically (if it matters). In addition, the browser was installed on a clean system (the system was completely reset at the beginning of the month). Actually with this problem, which I have described, is present for several versions of the browser (currently worth 4.4.5.1200). Dear, 7twenty, it's all good - to replace and repair, but it's the same as just click on the "Clear Log" file will be history.dat will be clean and everything will repeat . I realize this log is not to store information, but it so happens that it is needed.

Maybe it happens when I do update the browser version?

7twenty, it's all good - to replace and repair, but it's the same as just click on the "Clear Log" file will be history.dat will be clean and everything will repeat .

While that is true to some degree, it still leaves the original file there, just removes the history data. Deleting the complete file ensure that a new file is created free from any errors. While I can't be certain this will fix your issue (which is why you should backup the data first), it is a solution that I know has fixed the same issue for me and at least one other user in the past.

It's your choice whether you want to try it or not, but you have nothing to lose in doing so. Best case it fixes the problem, worst case you're back to where you were.

Path to files is: %appdata%\maxthon3\UserData\Users\guest\History

Delete all files starting with history. The rest can stay, if you want to save last session/undo data.

Friends!

Here's what they found, or rather discovered one thing. Not removed the value from a specified date: 09 may. Remember, it was so before but didn't pay attention to one fact: there is a file History_Part_1.dat. This file has a modified date: 09.05.15 1:22, size. In the "History" I can't just remove values as the day, and below that date. I have deleted this file. And in the "History" remains of the day only on may 10 and following.

Probably fails after creating the files?

I see the copy settings for the browser, which I did previously (when I did a new full installation of the system partition). There just contains the files History_Part_(1,2,3,4).dat. This file is created in different periods (months), and in those gaps so no records were removed.

I'm not quite sure where you're heading with this. Was your issue fixed?

As I understand it the history files are broken up for some reason (number of records/by month/days etc). If for some reason there is an issue with one, then it won't let you delete records. Deleting them fixes the issue, albeit at the loss of data.

If you can figure out where exactly the issue lies you can probably delete just the one that's affected.

As stated above, all of your history data. Part _1 is the oldest, and the highest number is the most recent.

If you don't want to lose much of your data, delete one history data file, test and see if deleting individual records works. If you still can't then delete another history file till things start working again.

the problem then would not be repeated again.

Depending on how the issue occurred in the first place, it may or may not. Could be that Maxthon just screwed up, faulty HDD, virus, memory corruption, unexpected shutdown etc.

• 3 weeks later...

No, guys...This browser live their lives. Why other browsers are working peacefully on the same system, and have no problems? Same here, already created "History_Part_2.dat" on 03.06.2015. Accordingly, if I delete it, the logs only record of 3 June and 4 days. What do I do? Less confidence. Reasoning about system instability, problems with hard drives, anti-virus - I think it's inappropriate. As usual, pressed the x in the corner and turned off the browser.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Unless this is an ongoing occurrence, in that it happens every other close/start of Maxthon, then I don't see how you can come to the conclusion that it is an inherent issue in Maxthon.

If you have deleted all your history as recommended above and the issue still occurs, then it's a larger concern. If not then the issue is resolved.

Same here, already created "History_Part_2.dat" on 03.06.2015.Accordingly, if I delete it, the logs only record of 3 June and 4 days

That is normal. When it happens is irrelevant. Part2 is all your history up until it was created. Current history is in history.dat. By deleting part2 you've lost all your older history. This is not something to be concerned with.

Archived