Problems with latest 4.4.5.1200-beta - Print and other

I have been experiencing a number of problems with the latest beta version:

1.  I keep getting error messages when attempting to print.

2.  The MX Games icon keeps appearing after I remove it.  This occurs when I restart the browser.

3.  When I pin the sidebar to the desktop, this consumers a lot of computer cpu's.  Additionally, some of the addons don't work properly such as LastPass when the sidebar is pinned to the desktop.

I like the new forum.  However, will you be using the RSS feature within the forum?  Thanks.

Hi!

I solved the printer error with copied and overwrote the Modules/MxPrint/MxPrint.dll (version 2.0.0.20) with the previous version (2.0.0.19). It works like charm now!  :wink: 
Can you tell me what is this extension? There are no description nor any screenshot! >>

Search (ByMaxthonDev)
Maxthon - Extensions Center

The extension is in the latest beta (Maxthon Cloud Browser 4.4.5.1200_Beta+ABP portable) which I use now.
Finaly there is a version with the new Quick Access and ABP,whitout the very anoying cookie bug! Thanks for the dev team!   :top: 
Regards,

nx

Hi,

Thanks for your questions.1 As far as i know print works.Would you please provide us a screenshot to see this errors? 2 You can uncheck it MXgames in extension manager. 3For me i don't see any increase in cpu consumption when i pinsidebar to desktop.

Hi,

Thanks for your questions.1 As far as i know print works.Would you please provide us a screenshot to see this errors? 2 You can uncheck it MXgames in extension manager. 3For me i don't see any increase in cpu consumption when i pinsidebar to desktop.

Attached is the screenshot of the error message when attempting to print.  Also, to the left of of the screenshot, you can also see the icon of MX games that reinstalled when I opened the browser this morning.  This was after I removed it last night.

post-185385-0-90726600-1431349403_thumb.

Hi,

I also noticed that when pinned to the desktop, the behavior of the addons are affected, such as LastPass.  I needed to unpin the bar from the desktop in order for LastPass to work correctly.

If you need to clean removing Mx Play, you should delete Mx Games extension on Extension page, exit/close Maxthon then delete some files which related with Mx play on this directory.

On 64bit WOW system
C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon\_AppData\Maxthon3\Public\Addons\mxplay.mxaddon
C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon\_AppData\Maxthon3\Public\Addons\mxplaySidebar.mxaddon

On 32bit system
C:\Program Files\Maxthon\_AppData\Maxthon3\Public\Addons\mxplay.mxaddon
C:\Program Files\Maxthon\_AppData\Maxthon3\Public\Addons\mxplaySidebar.mxaddon

Then delete The copy files of mxplay addons on this directory (if still exist, this copy will be used again to auto silent install on every Mx starts/run).
C:\Users\(Your PC user)\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Public\Addons\mxplay.mxaddon
C:\Users\(Your PC user)\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Public\Addons\mxplaySidebar.mxaddon

And check on your user data directory, If you still find the copy files of mxplay addons, you should delete it too.

If not login with Maxthon pasport, check this directory.
C:\Users\(Your PC user)\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Users\guest\Addons\mxplay.mxaddon
C:\Users\(Your PC user)\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Users\guest\Addons\mxplaySidebar.mxaddon

If login with Maxthon pasport, check this directory.
C:\Users\(Your PC user)\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Users\(Your Maxthon Pasport)\Addons\mxplay.mxaddon
C:\Users\(Your PC user)\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Users\(Your Maxthon Pasport)\Addons\mxplaySidebar.mxaddon

That's all.

Thank you all for your feedback.  The MX Games isn't a huge issue for me.  I could take it or leave it.  Basically, I was just noting a problem with the beta version in hopes that this issue is fixed in the final version.

I just unchecked it in the Extension Manager and never see it, so forget it was ever there.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Perhaps this issue doesn't affect every user.  However, I am staring at the icon once again as I am replying to your post after I previously deleted it!!

I just don't understand.  I have not seen the icon since unchecking the option in Extension Manager and that has been since they started including MxGames.  No matter how many updates to the Browser, it just doesn't come back.  Maybe it has something to do with the Skin I'm using.  I'll have to switch to a Default Skin and see if that has any effect.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

I just don't understand.  I have not seen the icon since unchecking the option in Extension Manager and that has been since they started including MxGames.  No matter how many updates to the Browser, it just doesn't come back.  Maybe it has something to do with the Skin I'm using.  I'll have to switch to a Default Skin and see if that has any effect.

as long as you don't perform a clean install, it will not show after deletion. once you perform a clean install you have to delete it again, as it is included in maxthon package.

sigmax2.png

as long as you don't perform a clean install, it will not show after deletion. once you perform a clean install you have to delete it again, as it is included in maxthon package.

Then that's a whole different situation and there is absolutely nothing that can be done about that and the user will just have to deal with it, but I don't recall the OP saying he always does CLEAN installs.

I guess that this is my point - For me, the icon either never uninstalls or it reinstalls on its own each time I start the browser.

Once I removed the icon to the built in RSS Reader, the icon has yet to reappear.  It would be nice if the MX Games icon behaved similarly.

Archived