Problem with YouTube playback on 4.4.4x

Hello guys,

I'm new to this forum and Maxthon Browser. Maxthon is really awesome in terms of functionality and all, I very much like it.

I am using the latest version 4.4.4.3 and there is a very annoying bug in it. When I try to play a youtube video, it skips frames and lags. I am not sure if it's a memory leak. But when I plays a video or navigate through the player controls video gets stuck or lags very much. Audio is working fine. Chrome and Firefox and they don't seem to have any problems.

I tried the portable and installer versions, both have the same problem. I finally gave 4.4.3.4 a try and it's working fine! So it should be a problem with 4.4.4x. Is this a known bug? I read the changelog and found there's fix for memory leak in the latest beta version, hope it fixes this too.

I also tried this in my friend's computer and found the same bug/ memory issue.

If you need more info, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Abey

BugSir002 replied at 2015-4-8 23:04 back.gif

Thanks for your feedback. Would you mind giving us a url as a sample please? Our engineer will check ...

Hi, Almost all the videos seems to have the problem. For an example let's take this video as an example.

When I'm on fullscreen, it randomly skips frames. Moving my mouse to bring up the player navigation makes the video skips frame significantly. I searched the forum and found that it was been reported multiple times.

1) http://forum.maxthon.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=14645&highlight=youtube 2) http://forum.maxthon.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=14206&highlight=youtube

Hello, i also noticed this problem a long ago. It happens in any fullscreen youtube video but is more noticable in a windowed 60 fps video.

The link above is a 60fps video for example, but the same thing occurs in any other 60 fps video. Be sure to tick the resolution to at least 720p.