Spellchecker in Facebook comments

Simbiat

I have Maxthon and love it. Only problem that I have is when I misspell a word and go to fix it by right clicking it and clicking on the right word it deletes the whole comment. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a setting to go to to activate it. It does it mostly on Facebook. (it does not do this on Facebook on Chrome, IE or Opera, so I'd say it's not Facebook) Very frustrating. Grrrr!   Thank you

I have Maxthon and love it. Only problem that I have is when I misspell a word and go to fix it by right clicking it and clicking on the right word it deletes the whole comment. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a setting to go to to activate it. It does it mostly on Facebook. (it does not do this on Facebook on Chrome, IE or Opera, so I'd say it's not Facebook) Very frustrating. Grrrr!   Thank you

it's a known issue and devs have added it on their todo list point 8 : http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php/topic/14834-april-17th-bugs-and-suggestions-progress/

and here is the original thread.

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php/topic/14596-spellchecker-in-facebook-comments/?hl=%2Bspell+%2Bcheck#entry69795

Edited by -ody-
  • Like 1

sigmax2.png

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Really sorry for your inconvenience. Are you referring to this function?It seemed works fine here on my side with 4.4.6.2000.

When you click on the correct spelling in the pop-up, the previously entered text disappears.  This only happens in the "Comment" field.

• Like 2

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Hi guys,

Really sorry for your inconvenience. Are you referring to this function?It seemed works fine here on my side with 4.4.6.2000.

When you click on the correct spelling, the previously entered text disappears.  This only happens in the "Comment" field.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Hi guys,

Really sorry to tell you.

I have talked to our team about this.

This function would be fixed until the release of MX5.

Please be patient. Stay tuned.

I hope this could help you.

Ok, thank you BugMiss006.  At least we know it will be fixed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There only seems to be one spell check extension for maxthon cloud and that just deletes my text as I'm typing in Facebook comments. Is anyone else having this problem and will there be a fix?  

Which Maxthon version are you using now?

As far I remember problem you described was an old confirmed and fixed bug.

On my site- ther is no problem wit spellcheck on FB.

Anyway try this current Maxthon build http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/17794-maxthon-cloud-browser-for-windows-v4481000-officially-released/#comment-92524.

I suggest you to perform clean installation.

You may also check this thread http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/508-spell-check-languages/&page=1 you'll find ther all Mx dictionaries.

still does not work in french language : it still deletes all content (latest maxthon version 4.4.8.1000)

English language here, same maxthon version. Same problem and it's been around for some time now. I use the spell check to see what to change then change it manually as I lose everything if I click to change. This is getting to be a drag because I am such a sloppy typer and have to make corrections all of the time.

English language here, same maxthon version. Same problem and it's been around for some time now. I use the spell check to see what to change then change it manually as I lose everything if I click to change. This is getting to be a drag because I am such a sloppy typer and have to make corrections all of the time.

That's odd because I just tested it several times on Facebook and it is fixed.  I'm on 4.4.8.1000 on Windows 10 Insider build 10576.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, riconeal1956 said:

Does anybody know the reason or how to fix: whenever I use spell check (red squiggly line right click) my entire text will be deleted. Thank you

Which Maxthon version are you using now?

As far I remember this bug was confirmed and it has been repaired already.

EDIT: Use SEARCH next time, please. There are plenty of similar threads on Forum already.