Performance Improving

I would like to ask to improve MX4s performance and overall responsiveness

Starting from opening a new tab because it takes some time to load new tab after some time opening the browser, Its responsiveness because after visiting some site then returning to some sites you need to type, It sometimes become unresponsive.

Improve file type recognized by the video floatbar since this is the part Mozilla Firefox with IDM integration beats Mx because it supports more file types to be downloaded(Ex: Flash Games played can be detected by IDM on Mozilla and can be downloaded easily)

Also, Can Magic Fill fill different accounts on one site by picking which should be filled?

To be honest, Mx 4 with ABP does not responsive like Mx 4 with AdHunter. ABP applying it's own stylesheets based on what rules are hit by the page. It causes increasing RAM usage, slows down page loading and sometimes make Mx performance become unresponsive.

At this time, what we can do to improve Mx4 performance and responsivity is just avoid using unnecessary ABP filter, use the ABP filter that we needed only, too many filter can make your Mx unresponsive.

I am personally using easylist without element hide only and it can help a bit the Mx performance and responsivity.

https://easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org/easylist_noelemhide.txt

IDM integration is not related with Mx, IDM provides a specific extension/add-ons for any particular browser to improve file type recognition (eg IDM extension for Chrome, IDM add-ons for Firefox, IDM IE helper for IE etc), but the same IDM integration support is not yet available/provided for Maxthon.

Mx magic fill can store multiple accounts from a website and picked one of them to be applied on there. But due to the website credential and for some security reason, I don't think if it can be used on any website for multiple login.

I've decided to completely disable ABP in Maxthon due to the astronomical RAM usage it causes alone. Dinataspace has a clear understanding of how ABP works so I thank them. :)

On Intel HD systems it's best to disable GPU acceleration. I've found pages to load noticeably quicker since there's no GPU thread blocking anything.

bricky149 replied at 2015-3-2 20:35 back.gif

I've decided to completely disable ABP in Maxthon due to the astronomical RAM usage it causes alone. ...

Agree. If we just running Maxthon to open any page which is not so demanding on graphics and system resources, we can improve the Maxthon performance by disabling the gpu hardware acceleration. Turning off gpu hardware acceleration can help to reduce the ram usage and makes Mx performance more stable. But in some case, disabling gpu hardware acceleration can also cause high cpu usage (eg. on streaming flash video etc).

loooping8 replied at 2015-3-9 07:40 back.gif

yes,but in the moment I run this scribt: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/4881-adsbypasser

for me ...

hmmm thought as much.

Just so you know:

The 1st script - unless you know how to modify it for your own use (or use a lot of russian sites) it won't do anything for you - It's purpose is to replace the loss of CSS modification since ABP replaced AH.

The 2nd script - while it will block ads, it's only does 500-odd sites. I think there are much better options for an ABP replacement.

bricky149 replied at 2015-3-2 23:35 back.gif

On Intel HD systems it's best to disable GPU acceleration. I've found pages to load noticeably quicker since there's no GPU thread blocking anything.Can you explain in a little more detail about how this GPU thread blocking thing works? I assumed that the CPU/GPU run independently as would a discrete unit and it being part of the core should have no effect on the way the CPU threads are handled?

Mind you I don't have a great understanding beyond the basics of CPU architecture and how they work, but will happily read a technical explanation if you have one.